: NEED HELP! (electrical)

SIK66CADDY
12-30-12, 08:22 PM
66 deville...had all my lights working then running lights and brake lights quit found a wire i pinched on the back bumper fixed it but still no running lights and brake lights on theback any help would be awesome.

DouglasJRizzo
12-30-12, 10:40 PM
possibly the short caused a fuse to blow?

SWEENDOG1969
01-03-13, 01:22 AM
maybe fusable link? my 69 lost interior lights,windows,door locks,brake lights...after checking fuses and more fuses and jumping fuses still nothing. finally after searching around on the internet for a wiring schematic I figured out where the fusable link was and it was all melted up.

mgil
01-28-13, 08:27 AM
The 68 i just bought had electrical issues with the blinkers ,tailights , brake lights etc. the previous owner had jerry rigged a switch for the blinkers on the column, what a mess ! Anyway i bought a new switch for the blinkers and installed it , what a job fixing all the cobbed up wires and such. Well after it was installed we still had the same issue , after hours of trying this and that we finally found the problem. There was a loose ground on the front passenger blinker !! We tightened that up and bingo everything worked, amazing that one ground could cause all that trouble ! check all connections and make sure they are clean and tight !