: Cold start anomaly - I hope!

packardv8
12-30-12, 03:58 PM
My wife's '11 3.0 with 10kmi usually starts immediately and drives away with no drama. This morning, temperature was in the high 20s, no colder than normal. However, it cranked for quite a while, seeming to hit once in a while. It started roughly then died. On the third try, it started and seemed fine, but the "check engine" light was illuminated. One quick rev with the throttle and it went out. I suspect the O2 sensor was getting a rich reading from the prolonged cranking.

Anyone had this experience?

jack vines

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-31-12, 02:16 PM
Jack,
Sorry to hear that you all had this odd start-up on the SRX. Keep us posted if it happens again! We're happy to work with you through the process of consulting a dealership on the matter.
Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Huey Driver
12-31-12, 02:47 PM
Take it in. Even though the Check Engine Light isnt on, the code is probably still there. Might show why the starting problem existed. Usually the light stays illuminated if the trouble CURRENTLY exists. The codes will stay in memory, but the light will go out, if the condition resolves itself. There might be a set period it stays in memory though. I think my old Trailblazer (OBD-II) would age out after 20 starts or something...

packardv8
01-02-13, 09:04 PM
Started as usual this morning.

If the problem repeats, I'll consider getting an OBDII scan.

jack vines

swgyoooo
01-18-13, 09:08 AM
I had this happen with my 12 one time. Same problems. When it did start, it was running so rough that the check engine light was flashing. I shut it off, started it again, and it was fine. Started, ran, and idled fine...no lights at all. Drove it 3,000 miles after that till I traded it in, and never another problem. I agree that codes can be stored, but I wouldnt make a special trip to the dealer if it is back to normal.