: CUE Climate Control Not Functioning Properly

03firebolt9r
12-30-12, 09:06 AM
So, very early this morning my wife was going to take my ATS to work. I had planned to wash and wax her new C30 Polestar. Anyway, she abruptly wakes me up at 5:30am cursing the ATS saying she can't get the defrost to work (Her car had the garage so the ATS had to deal with the frosty conditions outside).

After she leaves in her car I go outside to check it out and sure enough she is right. No matter what setting I switch to, defrost, feet etc., it continues to blow through dash vents. I attempted to reset CUE as posted by another member but it didn't seem to fix anything.

Anyone else have any issues like this? I guess it is time to schedule a service appt.

Another thing I noticed after I backed into the garage is that the LED third brake light continued to stay lit well after the car was off. Maybe this is normal and I am just being paranoid now but I have never noticed this before.

pever
12-30-12, 01:51 PM
So, that is the default function as it is the fail-safe position for the venting. That could be as simple as a fuse... #5 by the driver's door would be my first guess. Easy to check. Not so sure you will be so lucky as for it to be a fuse though. Loose harness?

03firebolt9r
12-30-12, 03:18 PM
So, that is the default function as it is the fail-safe position for the venting. That could be as simple as a fuse... #5 by the driver's door would be my first guess. Easy to check. Not so sure you will be so lucky as for it to be a fuse though. Loose harness?

Good call pever! All the fuses were good but after checking them I started the car again and the controls worked as they should. May have been just a loose fuse.

Edit...There is not a fuse in the #5 or 6 slots as it shows on the diagram.