: Summary of First Day Usage

ArubaKid
12-29-12, 09:04 PM
I love the car after 1 day of ownership. Positives: lots of things work--iPhone, Pandora, iPod attachment, CD. The sound system is a pleasant surprise; very good sound. Negatives: lack of documentation or instruction on voice, lousy glove compartment (which won't even hold maps!). Lousy trunk close (but I knew that). Oh, and a bug in CUE that won't allow me to move icons in edit mode.

All in all I am happy with the vehicle. More self education tomorrow.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-31-12, 11:46 AM
Congratulations Arubakid! :)
If you needed any help with your infotainment system, we have a specialty team available to you at 855-428-3669 (Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST).
Happy New Year!
Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

DG2
12-31-12, 05:31 PM
Congratulations Arubakid! :)
If you needed any help with your infotainment system, we have a specialty team available to you at 855-428-3669 (Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST).
Happy New Year!
Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Katie,

Outstanding customer service. The Standard of the World I'd say !

Dramset
12-31-12, 07:43 PM
Katie,

This is true. I'm looking at an Audi A6, Lexus GS, or Cadillac XTS (all in 4wd form) as my next car and have been browsing the forums to collect information. Cadillac's presence here is a very big plus in their favor!

DG2
01-01-13, 10:35 PM
This is true. I'm looking at an Audi A6, Lexus GS, or Cadillac XTS (all in 4wd form) as my next car and have been browsing the forums to collect information. Cadillac's presence here is a very big plus in their favor!

Buy the Cadillac ! I left BMW fir my first ever Cadillac in '04 and have never looked back. Currently , I have my 05 STS with 183,000 miles that people still ask me if I just got a new car. . I purchased my wife a 2011 Escalade and it is simply amazing. Both are bullet proof and just fantastic cars. Service at the dealership is honest and reasonably priced.

I am so impressed with GM that I recently purchased a 2013 Buick Verano for my teenage daughter and both my brothers just sold their Japanese cars and purchased 2012 CTS. Having said all this I can tell you that you will love the Cadillac ownership experience. Go buy that XTS !

Dramset
01-02-13, 01:01 AM
I drove a Lexus GS today and was surprised at how many "electronic deficits" it had relative to the XTS. You have to enter a nav destination speaking the city, street, and address as separate entries, for example; and there's only a single USB port. "Advanced options" like adaptive cruise control, blind spot/lane departure warning, etc. are available via order only-- virtually no dealers have such cars on their lots. This adds 3+ months to the purchase process. The car was beautifully made and drove well, but I'm still leaning towards the Caddy.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-03-13, 12:18 PM
Katie,

Thanks so much, Dramset and DG2! (DG2, I made sure to alert Sarah to your kind words as well!) If you would ever like me to investigate vehicle questions for you, don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service