: Break peddle to floor lost breaks 05 escalade esv help please

mhajjar
12-29-12, 07:00 PM
Fluid full, service brake system light, traction control light, stability sys disabled? What's going on???

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-29-12, 08:50 PM
We hope you're okay mhajjar - brakes are a serious business. Are you going to be getting this looked into at all? Should you need assistance locating a dealership to get this checked out at, let us know!
Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

the cadillac man
12-30-12, 01:33 AM
Fluid full, service brake system light, traction control light, stability sys disabled? What's going on???

Sounds like something electronic unless the brake booster has failed(check the power steering fluid level as it works both steering and brakes

6lbsofSound
12-30-12, 10:46 AM
The master for the brakes is done. If the pedal sinks with no pressure it means either a leak or the master. Nothing electronic as the sensors are telling you there is an issue. Check the master as it sounds it failed.

the cadillac man
12-30-12, 12:24 PM
The master for the brakes is done. If the pedal sinks with no pressure it means either a leak or the master. Nothing electronic as the sensors are telling you there is an issue. Check the master as it sounds it failed.

Ouch I know how that feels except not on my truck it was on my car(which doesn't have a warning sensor you just hear a whistling noise as the pedal is worked and it isn't a easy job to do yourself

wake
12-31-12, 01:43 AM

Sounds about right to me.

Be very careful and have it towed to a shop if you're not repairing it yourself. I know it makes sense but sometimes people don't realize what a chance they are taking by driving it just around the corner or one last time to the shop.

I lost a master cylinder on my 88 Camaro about 20 years ago, it failed while pulling into my garage and I had to use the emergency brake to keep from hitting the washer/dryer at the end. The scary thing was it gave pretty much no warning. I had just gotten off a 70mph freeway run and it got spongy making the turn onto my block, failed at the next application of the brake going into my garage.

the cadillac man
12-31-12, 12:15 PM
Sounds about right to me.

Be very careful and have it towed to a shop if you're not repairing it yourself. I know it makes sense but sometimes people don't realize what a chance they are taking by driving it just around the corner or one last time to the shop.

I lost a master cylinder on my 88 Camaro about 20 years ago, it failed while pulling into my garage and I had to use the emergency brake to keep from hitting the washer/dryer at the end. The scary thing was it gave pretty much no warning. I had just gotten off a 70mph freeway run and it got spongy making the turn onto my block, failed at the next application of the brake going into my garage.

Wake I had it worse in my 79 cordoba almost every time is hit the brakes the engine would die due to the vacuum leak from where the diaphragm had ruptured from age(almost rear ending someone is NOT fun) the darn brakes was always spongy after it ruptured) luckily I haven't drove it since I started restoring the car and I am replacing the booster as I do the work

Did your pedal go to the floor before the breaks would grab(very scary feeling while in traffic)?