: The SRX and Golfers Question

GEORGEC
12-29-12, 11:52 AM
I currently have a 2004 Acura MDX and am considering buying an SRX. I have had this MDX a little over 8 years now and am getting the new car itch.

Do any of you keep your golf clubs in the SRX full time. How do you find the fit?. Do they fit crosswise between the wheel wells or longitudenly? I would not want the SRX if I had to carry the clubs cross wise.

George

sirdan
12-29-12, 05:35 PM
Mine Fits along the wheels side.. no need to put the car seat down. HOWEVER!!!... I do have to make sure my driver (CLUB) is in the center or else it may hit the side because I have a long driver. Best bet--- Take your clubs to the dealership and ask them to open the trunk. put your clubs in. problem solved. enjoy~.

If you live in SO. Cal, you can head over to Crestview Cadillac in West Covina. Call for John, the internet sales... his super nice and always willing to answer questions without the need to sales pitch and pressure. One of the many reason why i drove 50 miles to purchase the car from him instead of the caddy dealership RIGHT NEXT TO MY HOUSE!~lol. If you need John's number= Message me. It might be easier if you call ahead and let him know that you just want to put the golf bag in for testing. that way, you are being honest with him as well.

BriggZ
12-29-12, 08:41 PM
I currently have a 2004 Acura MDX and am considering buying an SRX. I have had this MDX a little over 8 years now and am getting the new car itch.

Do any of you keep your golf clubs in the SRX full time. How do you find the fit?. Do they fit crosswise between the wheel wells or longitudenly? I would not want the SRX if I had to carry the clubs cross wise.

George

I have a 12 SRX and I will be glad to take some pictures tomorrow on your fit questions. I don't carry my clubs around full time but they do fit in the back w/o having to put a seat down. They fit diagonally and they fit crosswise if placed at the very front or closest to lift gate. They will fit next to the rear seat crosswise if you remove the driver. Unfortunately I do not believe they will fit length wise from the back seat to lift gate w/o lowering one side of the split rear seat. I'll send pictures tomorrow.

BriggZ
12-30-12, 01:47 PM
Unfortunately I cannot send pictures...reached my limit for some reason. The following descriptions of the photos should help. The second picture shows the clubs fitting diagonally. The third shows them sitting crosswise at front next to lift gate. The width at this point is about 52" due to indentations on each side. The fourth shows the clubs pushed all the way back against the rear seat. The driver has been removed and is sitting loose on top of bag at a an angle. The width at this location is about 44". And the last photo shows them length wise. They are pushed back to within a couple of inches of the rear seat and they are hanging out the back. The length from the back seat to the lift gate opening is about 37". Hope this helps. The SRX is a great ride, a head turner and a joy to drive. BTW, I was advised a long time ago to not carry your clubs around all the time in the summer as the heat would eventually loosen the grips. Have you had that problem?

----------

GEORGEC, If you would like to see the pictures, PM me with your email address and I will send them to you.

Marc NY
12-30-12, 03:55 PM
Unfortunately I cannot send pictures...reached my limit for some reason. Most of my photos I link from a free photo hosting website. One great free hosting website I would highly recommend is Photobucket.com. Great for posting of all types of photos onto any website that you are a member on. :)

http://photobucket.com/

GEORGEC
12-30-12, 09:01 PM
Thanks guys. Actual pictures are not necessary. I can picture in my mind what you are saying.

Next to the lift gate is OK most of the time. However on a trip I would probably need to push them to the back of the seat. I have to do this on my wife's 2005 DHS when we travel. Also have to remove driver when I do this.

And that is another problem. I sure do like the new XTS, but that trunk is a lot smaller than the DHS. I wish Cadillac had not of downsized that car. We travel with A LOT of stuff.

George