: 2002 cadillac escalade; third brake light & suspension

gresuggan
12-29-12, 02:09 AM
Greetings,

Merry belated xmas.... two issues if i may get some help. Looking for a third or high mount brake light. Not wanting to go to the dealer.. (Massey Cadillac of dallas) They are wanting $540.00 or so dollars to replace the unit. I am wanting OEM anyone know where i can get this item that it wont cost me dealer prices.

Second issue. Service stability system light is on. Shocks are probabbly needing to be replaced. The suspension bladders always seem to be going off but the vehicle never seems to get adjusted. Espcially when i am carrying a load...(one or two people in the back seat) any advice??

Tahnk you

LittleNo
12-29-12, 04:56 AM
Merry belated xmas.... two issues if i may get some help. Looking for a third or high mount brake light. Not wanting to go to the dealer.. (Massey Cadillac of dallas) They are wanting $540.00 or so dollars to replace the unit. I am wanting OEM anyone know where i can get this item that it wont cost me dealer prices.
www.gmpartsonline.net has the light for $355 and replacing it by yourself shouldn't be a big problem

Second issue. Service stability system light is on. Shocks are probabbly needing to be replaced. The suspension bladders always seem to be going off but the vehicle never seems to get adjusted. Espcially when i am carrying a load...(one or two people in the back seat) any advice??
get the DTCs scanned from the Suspension Module, there are a couple of different reasons for this, so start from the DTCs to prevent unneccessary part replacements

Logandiagnostic
12-29-12, 10:34 AM
If the third lamp housing is undamaged...your lamp can be repaired. Serviced third lamps...with warranty. Can be had for about $130 plus shipping.

See www.ledfix.com

Many get destroyed by bumping the garage door.

gresuggan
12-31-12, 02:19 AM
Thank you. found the third brake light. Concerning your second reply. Not too familiar with what DTCS are and how do i get them scanned. And can i do it myself.

----------

thank you, just looked at the website and it sounds like a good deal. My housing is undamaged. So that seems like the cheapest way to go.

LittleNo
12-31-12, 07:31 AM
Diagnostic Trouble Codes. No, you need a Tech2 Scanner, that's the tool dealers use for all the diagnostic stuff on your car.

the cadillac man
12-31-12, 12:17 PM
Thank you. found the third brake light. Concerning your second reply. Not too familiar with what DTCS are and how do i get them scanned. And can i do it myself.

----------

thank you, just looked at the website and it sounds like a good deal. My housing is undamaged. So that seems like the cheapest way to go.

Littleno is right the tech-2 is the tool that can get the codes from the suspension module most likely the compressor has failed

Slowhand12
01-24-13, 05:25 PM
I've replaced my Air shocks and compressor. I purchased everything from ARNOTT suspensions in Fl. I believe. Very reasonable and great price, very helpful also

Airdorn
01-25-13, 12:20 AM
have a question about that suspension system... I hear the little motor running when I start the vehicle, but how do I know if it's actually doing anything? I mean, really... ?

If it isn't doing good, would the motor simply "run forever" in a vain attempt to level the truck, or would some trouble codes pop up via the engine light or something? I have a 2003 Escalade.