: Another Plastidip thread

mcneill8328
12-28-12, 05:23 PM
I know this topic has been covered extensively but I have recently been considering plastidipping my whole car. I have a 2011 coupe and talked to a local shop that does its professionally (I'm too much of a chicken shit to do it myself), and they are giving me a price of $1,200, which includes the rims.

My question is....has anyone here had their whole car done and if so, does this price seem reasonable? I guess I was expecting something a little less, but maybe that was just me dreaming. I would love to see some pics too if you have had the whole care done. I love the looks of this stuff and really think it make the car unique. I know some people hate it, but I'm in the other category. Plus, you can always peel it off and go back to the original. But, for $1,200, I don't want to be peeling it off anytime soon.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

jimmie jam
12-28-12, 11:00 PM
Way to much. Look at www.dipyourcar.com

mcneill8328
12-28-12, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I have looked at that website quite a bit, but all the prices on there are just for the materials for the do-it-yourselfer. Thats what initially made me think the estimate was pretty high, because the cost of the materials is pretty low. I am going to have to call around to more places. I am wondering if this estimate is so high because there aren't very many people in the area doing this kind of work.

jimmie jam
12-29-12, 07:21 AM
I am wondering if this estimate is so high because there aren't very many people in the area doing this kind of work. I'm sure that part of it. You should call and talk to them...they are great guys and will give you good advise...maybe even a recommendation in your area. These guys started this whole thing. The call is free, good luck!

mcneill8328
12-29-12, 04:14 PM
I called another place and they quoted me $500. Unfortunately, it's a four hour drive away, but it does validate my thoughts that the original quote was way too high. Now I just need to find someone else in the Cleveland area that does it!