: 73 deville drawing 7 amps with key off through the 25A clock fuse....HELP

redwhale
12-28-12, 03:34 PM
Can't find a complete wiring diagram to see all devices controlled by the 25A clk fuse. checled all the lighters, clocks, coutesy lamps.......Not sure what could be drawing so much current

CADforce69
12-28-12, 03:56 PM
The 25 Amp fuse controls:
-Cigar lighters
-Clock
-Courtesy Lights
-Glove Box Light
-Map Light
-Trunk Light

All of them work with contact off. This is for the '69 model but I donīt think '73 have changed noticeably.

I would start by checking cigar lighters. Sometimes some dime or metallic debris in the socket could provoke an electric drainage.

Itīs advisable getting a '73 manual shop manual. Itīs a huge help for fixing or maintaining your caddy. You can find some of them on Ebay.com for little money ;)

redwhale
12-28-12, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the reply
I had disconnected the lighters at all 3 locatios, the clock, the clock light, the glove box light, all the courtesy door lights operate correctly.....looked for a trunk light....couldn't find one....Thw car is actually a buddy of mine .....Isn't there a stash of wiring diagrams for all models hidden on this site somewhere. It's very weird to have a 7A draw and have it not be a device.....a short would be much more aggressive....ie blown fuse NO? ANy one out there with a diagram would sure be a help

CADforce69
12-28-12, 08:23 PM
I could only provide a 1969 model diagram in 4 pieces. Do you think it would help you?

talismandave
12-31-12, 01:42 AM
....The car is actually a buddy of mine .....

I love my Cadillac, but I never considered it my buddy.....:duck: