: Extra front lights

toggan
12-28-12, 08:50 AM
Hi.
Iím planning to install extra front lights on my SRX. Definitely needed in Sweden during this dark winter. I have discussed this with my dealer but we canít find where to place the lights.:hmm: Then I thought maybe a bull bar in the front to put the lights on??
Anyone with experience or ideas?
Regards
Torgny

TheCaptain
12-28-12, 11:03 AM
More than the fogs? You could replace the fog lights with some pretty powerful spot lights.
Which model do you have? I know many people (on the board) that don't have the Adaptive Forward Lighting have complained about forward visibility. Maybe some HID are in order?

inspectorudy
12-28-12, 11:51 AM
The whole purpose of fog lights is not to have very powerful lights that cause glare. What type of light increase are you looking for and what is the purpose?

toggan
12-29-12, 10:54 AM
Just now in Sweden itís dark round 4 pm. The Cadillac is a ďsport and luxuryĒ, so its equipped with HID in the front. But the light is not enough to spot moos and dears on the road in time. So my first concern is to extend the length of the light. OK I have also thought of replacing the fog lights but Iíll rather keep them.

Placed on something like this??

2011 Cadillac srx Brush Guards by Onki
Full Stainless Onki brush guard for 2011 Cadillac srx Grille Guard by Go Industries has proven itself in the market for a number of years now, and continues to enjoy a devoted following. It provides substantially more protection from damage resulting from highway mishaps such as hitting deer or other wild animals. This Grille Guard for Cadillac srx is a great package that looks "right" on contemporary design cars. You get protection, ease of installation, great looks and a warranty period that meets or exceeds the industry standard. contains a whole lot of cutting edge technology.

OK it not a picture of a SRX but.............

TheCaptain
12-29-12, 12:05 PM
Or stay in the 21st century with LED lights.
http://www.automotivelightstore.com/images/products/display/5735.jpg Advanced Automotive Concepts -Off road lights (http://www.automotivelightstore.com/offroad-2.aspx)

toggan
12-30-12, 07:32 AM
Yes LED is ok. But where shall I put them? The front has a V shape so a bar with lights will stick out in the ends. Behind the lower grille there are oil coolers and stuff:hmm: So please if anyone has ideas........

TheCaptain
12-30-12, 04:19 PM
Where does the brush guard mount to?
If i needed more light out front I would put them in front of the lower grill without blocking too much airflow, or the bumper sits just above that so a custom bracket could be made so it sits just above the lower grille. Then it interferes with the front park assist... Or you could mount it so it sits just below the lower grill and covers the black plastic lower grill opening. So what about mounting on a roof rack crossbar above the sunroof?