: Tradin 05 escalade for 07 tahoe/yukon

rcl252
12-27-12, 11:05 PM
Im thinking of getting rid of my 05 escalade with 150k for an 07 yukon with 88k ive come across..based on how much i have a buyer on my truck for Ill have to put out only about 4k on a 07 yukon...My escalade has every option that is available but the yukon is really nice has cloth and is 2wd and guess ill lose stuff like heated seats etc..I really just wanted a newer body style truck but what to see what thoughts are if its too much to give up or is it worth it

the cadillac man
12-28-12, 02:32 AM
Im thinking of getting rid of my 05 escalade with 150k for an 07 yukon with 88k ive come across..based on how much i have a buyer on my truck for Ill have to put out only about 4k on a 07 yukon...My escalade has every option that is available but the yukon is really nice has cloth and is 2wd and guess ill lose stuff like heated seats etc..I really just wanted a newer body style truck but what to see what thoughts are if its too much to give up or is it worth it

Are you sure you want to step down to a gmc(if it was the Denali package this would be a different story)going to cloth from leather can be a pain if the cloth seats don't have stain resitient fabric (and trust me it is a pain to get a stain out of a cloth seat) but the mileage and where you live can be a factor(for me all /four wheel drive is a must due to winter weather) I suggest you do your research on the year(07's had a new 6speed that year which had issues)

sprink60
12-28-12, 08:34 AM
I think your backing up...less power...fewer amenities. If your set on the new body style...save up and wait until you find a later Escalade or Denali that you can go to...I think you'll be happier in the long run because you'll be moving up instead of down.

the cadillac man
12-28-12, 10:59 AM
I think your backing up...less power...fewer amenities. If your set on the new body style...save up and wait until you find a later Escalade or Denali that you can go to...I think you'll be happier in the long run because you'll be moving up instead of down.

Sprink I have seen a third gen esky in person man it blows the gmc away
And I agree he is backing up not getting the same

sprink60
12-28-12, 04:25 PM
I know...my partner has one and I drive it occasionally. The biggest advantages I see from ours are: 6 speed transmission, back up camera and automatic rear gate. The one thing that my partner has that I will install soon is remote starting...that is super nice to have here in the summer to get the A/C going before you get to the truck. He is jealous of my new tool drawer...he's ordering one next week.

No way would I swap mine for anything but another Escalade.

the cadillac man
12-28-12, 04:42 PM
I know...my partner has one and I drive it occasionally. The biggest advantages I see from ours are: 6 speed transmission, back up camera and automatic rear gate. The one thing that my partner has that I will install soon is remote starting...that is super nice to have here in the summer to get the A/C going before you get to the truck. He is jealous of my new tool drawer...he's ordering one next week.

No way would I swap mine for anything but another Escalade.

I seen the newer escalades and you get those features you mentioned and the back up cam(just not on the base model as it don't have the nav as I know of)
I have been thinking of getting a aftermarket alarm with remote start that way I have both as the seats are really cold in the winter