: In the market to make a purchase, 2006 Cadillac STS, need some help...

muzariaz
12-26-12, 08:45 PM
Hey guys, im in the market to buy a cadillac sts, i found one, black on black 3.6 for 8K with 128k and extended warranty with a company named warranty direct, before i make any decisions, what should i look for or any issues that are common with these cars? thanks alot.

dl72
12-26-12, 10:36 PM
The timing chain is the main issue with the 3.6. Also, be careful of warranty direct. You will not be covered for the first 30 days of your warranty. They also don't cover diagnostics, so it you have to get the car checked out, you will have to pay for it first. That makes no sense to me.

muzariaz
12-26-12, 10:46 PM
The timing chain is the main issue with the 3.6. Also, be careful of warranty direct. You will not be covered for the first 30 days of your warranty. They also don't cover diagnostics, so it you have to get the car checked out, you will have to pay for it first. That makes no sense to me.

alright thanks for the heads up, the seller is gonna transfer the warranty under my name if i do decide on purchasing the car, i will def ask about the timing chain, he also mentioned to me that an airbag light is on due to the fact that "the driver seat is too far away from the steering wheel and the sensor cannot detect it? when the seat is adjusted, it goes off". is that possible?

EChas3
12-26-12, 10:47 PM
These cars vary a lot between trim levels and can be very difficult/expensive to upgrade specific options. Take the time to be sure of the options you want and shop for that car.

You'll be glad you did.

---------

On the airbag light, it's more likely that the wiring is stressed or the seat was removed or serviced incorrectly. Proceed with caution.

Mullah88
12-26-12, 10:49 PM
Warranty direct will not cover timing chains also....i had to pay out of pocket when i was with them. Do you know what options the car has?

muzariaz
12-26-12, 10:50 PM
here is the link to the car: http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3486860039.html

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-27-12, 09:34 AM
muzariaz,
If you have any questions about the vehicle build, please let us know! If you send us the last 8 digits of the VIN in a private message, we can get you specific information on what came on the vehicle from the factory.

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

muzariaz
12-27-12, 03:20 PM
I ran the CARFAX for that car and it has a horrible service history, from accidents to structural damage, thank god for reports like that, im still in the market looking for a nice STS

Greg00coupe
12-28-12, 08:13 PM
I got an 05 with 80K fully loaded......... about 3 hours from ya....

muzariaz
12-29-12, 08:12 PM
I got an 05 with 80K fully loaded......... about 3 hours from ya....

how much if you dont mind me asking? and from where?
i just found another cadillac, also an 05, fully loaded with 105K pearl white...