: Magnaflow exhaust owners

Jagillac
12-25-12, 03:04 PM
Hi guys. I'm looking for any ontario cts owners that have a magnaflow exhaust on their cars. I want to buy one for my coupe but would really like to hear it in person first. Thanks

Also I'm in southern ontario so if anyone in bordering states want to let me come check out their cars that would be great too.

Thanks!

gr8fred1@rcn.com
12-28-12, 08:23 PM
yo jagillac i installed the magnaflow 15136 exhaust kit. It is to loud, droany, i put it on thursday took it off friday. a waste of effin money. also i am very hard of hearing. Those performance are made for muscle cars .

Jagillac
12-28-12, 09:48 PM
Really! That sucks it sounds good online. I really was hoping to get it.

X E Ryder
12-29-12, 09:11 AM
Oh No! It had Drone? Damn that is the main reason to not just go to a muffler shop - avoiding cruise drone. So it was annoying loud all the time?

Thanks for the heads up.

mikesul
12-29-12, 11:06 AM
I also have the Magnaflow catback exhaust on my coupe and I like the sound. I don't notice the drone much at all. At WOT it sounds terrific!

Jagillac
12-29-12, 02:30 PM
I also have the Magnaflow catback exhaust on my coupe and I like the sound. I don't notice the drone much at all. At WOT it sounds terrific!

I wish you lived near by! I want it on my coupe and want to make the call for my self! I know everyone has different tastes and ideas of what they want.

futurectsbuyer
01-02-13, 11:40 PM
what exactly is drone? Is that you can hear the muffler in the car? If so won't all cars ahve that? How do you eliminate it? I have magnaflow mufflers only and I can hear them, but I could hear the factory one as well. This one just a little deeper.

X E Ryder
01-03-13, 09:57 PM
what exactly is drone? Is that you can hear the muffler in the car? If so won't all cars ahve that? How do you eliminate it? I have magnaflow mufflers only and I can hear them, but I could hear the factory one as well. This one just a little deeper.

The Dreaded DRONE is when you have a system that sounds great when you stand on it, but when you are cruising around town or the highway it has this horrendous resonant sound frequency that buzzes/basses you out, loud enough you to have to raise your voice in the car to talk to a passenger.

eborunda
01-04-13, 10:05 AM
I have magnaflow on my sedan, theres a little sound that gets into the cabin at low RPMs nothing that bugs me, i love the sound, it sound like a real car also when you punch the gas it sounds amazing. Go for it you will not regret it. I deffenetly have no issues wispering in the car. One more thingyou can only hear the drone at very low speed ( while the car is in 1st gear) once it shifts to 2nd the drone is gone !!!!!

X E Ryder
01-04-13, 10:47 AM
OK so I see we have replies from 2 Coupe owners and 1 Sedan owner saying Aye!

There is one reply saying he pulled it in 2 days - but no indication of which body style.

What we need now, is any one of you happy Magnaflow Owners to take video with: Idle, Rev, Inside Cabin, and Drive By; video on you tube and post us the link! PLEASE! :cool2:

Thanks for the replies!

gr8fred1@rcn.com
01-04-13, 10:31 PM
i installed the 15136 magnaflow cat back system on thursday took them off friday . 2011 cts awd 3.0. sedan. bad drone didn't think it would be that loud with the 3.0. you need to hear it on the car not sound clips.

Jagillac
01-04-13, 11:46 PM
That's why I am praying there is someone within driving distance of me so I can go check out their car!!

Is there really no one around here with it?

ajazolino
01-06-13, 05:35 PM
Where is here?

Jagillac
01-06-13, 05:55 PM
Where is here?

I live around Hamilton, Ontario. But I would honestly drive anywhere with-in driving distance to see one on cts.

X E Ryder
01-13-13, 09:50 PM
Hey man,

I went with the Borla 11824 rear section.

Soon as it is on I will get some video clips for you, and maybe some sound bits with my Tascam audio recorder for better quality.

Borla guaranteed it would not drone, have a docile idle and cruise, but rip on hard acceleration - system is classed as "touring"

More to come.

Jagillac
01-13-13, 09:58 PM
X E Ryder, that would be great!! That was the other kit I was looking at. I couldn't find anyone with it on. Can't wait to see your clips.

Crippler
01-14-13, 12:34 AM
X 2 !!

X E Ryder
01-14-13, 06:51 PM
X E Ryder, that would be great!! That was the other kit I was looking at. I couldn't find anyone with it on. Can't wait to see your clips.

X 2 !!

Ok it is in the mail guys! Coming soon!!

btlfedcts
01-16-13, 10:15 AM
You should get more information from the people on specific's of their CTS ... There is a difference in exhaust design in the last generation that has 2 emissions certs so one vehicle has 4 cats the other has 2. Sound will vary based on which vehicle its installed on.

I have a 2012 Coupe and can say the sound is great and experiences no drone. The note is clean with very little noise change observed inside.

Jon
01-18-13, 11:03 PM
I have it on mine... And I used to live in Ontario too. I don't really have a problem with the drone as mine's a stick so I just keep it out of the "drone zone". It's really not that loud.

X E Ryder
01-19-13, 09:53 AM
.......I have a 2012 Coupe and can say the sound is great and experiences no drone. The note is clean with very little noise change observed inside.

The LFX configuration is much different in a number of ways granted. For instance, we have no exhaust manifolds! A large pipe off the integrated head, and longer duration cams advanced at idle, then retarded later with variable valve timing controls - this is SURE to alter the output sound, and reflected in the exhaust note!

My Exhaust Is On Now! The Video is in my 2012 Performance thread...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-cadillac-cts-performance-mods/278638-2012-performance-thread-lfx-3-6l.html#post3198710

snafu
01-21-13, 10:35 PM
STAY AWAY from Magnaflow!!! :gg:I installed #15754 cat back on my Silverado Z71 june 2005 mileage at install 42,757, the exhaust rusted thru at muffler and the saga starts on Nov 16th 2011- mileage at rust thru 96,901. I had to pre-purchase the replacement exhaust then the lifetime warranty was denied for "not being in original box" (I should have kept that since 2005- what was I thinking:banghead:), I took pictures prior to removal (this was my only proof- and good thing I did) as they still didn't want to cover the exhaust, lifetime warranty but not covered for rust thru????, I finally got my credit on March 6th 2012. The replacement Magnaflo is allready covered with surface rust. I realize there are different grades of stainless, spend a little more and save the headaches that Magnaflow will cause you.
We had Borla on another car cat-back 8+ year, still looked great when we sold car (no rust at all).

Jagillac
01-21-13, 10:58 PM
X E Ryder, hey thanks man. I just saw the Video. Sunday amazing. You are leaning me towards it for sure. I wonder if it would sound different on my 2011 :-S hmm

X E Ryder
01-22-13, 10:13 PM
X E Ryder, hey thanks man. I just saw the Video. Sunday amazing. You are leaning me towards it for sure. I wonder if it would sound different on my 2011 :-S hmm

I'm very happy with it - quiet for sane driving but it demands attention when you floor it!

It's especially fun when some Melonhead tries to box you in on the freeway and you plant it to get out first - people look at me like " holy $hit! What just happened?" Hehe

Jagillac
01-22-13, 10:28 PM
I'm very happy with it - quiet for sane driving but it demands attention when you floor it!

It's especially fun when some Melonhead tries to box you in on the freeway and you plant it to get out first - people look at me like " holy $hit! What just happened?" Hehe

Hahaha I'm glad to see you liked it. I am for sure leaning toward the borla now over the magnaflow after seeing your video. Btw I love that blue. Very few cts' have that colour.

btlfedcts
01-29-13, 08:36 AM
I will put together a video of the 2012 Coupe with MagnaFlow if you like ... video never accurately represents exhaust as the camera is always playing with the gain changing the relative volumes and most audio on non-professional recording devises is not the greatest.

Jagillac
01-29-13, 09:07 AM
Btlfedcts, thanks. I would appreciate it as well. Good way to compare. Thanks

renasanz
02-06-13, 08:51 PM
Hey guys,

So I currently have a 08 CTS AWD 3.6L sedan, I'm looking to stand out from all these senior driven caddys in my neighborhood. I've searching for a Borla exhaust system, however I can't seem to find it online. Do you know the specific size or part number that fits my 08? The Borla website only has it up to 07 than skips 08 and goes onto 09. Why is that?

-Thanks

btlfedcts
03-02-13, 11:18 PM
Sorry it took so long but here is compilation of some video clips I shot of the exhaust.

2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe Performance 3.6L

MagnaFlow 15216 Performance Exhaust System

http://youtu.be/MZFygszi1z4

Jagillac
03-03-13, 08:34 AM
Btlfedcts, thanks for the video now you really got me torn! Haha I like both but one thing I'm sure about is that you can't go wrong with ether.

Also I need a GoPro! Lol.

btlfedcts
03-11-13, 12:13 AM
GoPro might be for sale getting some new Replay XD's with remote mics. Audio is too important to me and the GoPro size and poor quality microphone just isn't cutting it.