: Big problem

dnads
12-25-04, 01:30 PM
Hey I have an 03' CTS wih an automatic transmission. I was lightly hit in the rear, and now for some reason I couldnt get the car to drive when I put it in Drive or Reverse and etc... So I turned off the car and tried turning it back on again and now it wont even start and my key wont come out!!! I don't know whats going on, is there some sort of sensor in the rear that would do this??

Thanks for any help!!!!

-David

majax
12-25-04, 01:32 PM
(I have done this)make sure the car is in park before you try taking out the key or starting it because it will not start in Drive 3 2 etc, as for it not moving maybe the differential has a problem.

dnads
12-25-04, 02:49 PM
I know the car has to be in park to be able to remove the key or start the car. It still wont turn on or come out.. A sensor would do this in the back bumper?

majax
12-25-04, 03:39 PM
Ohhh maybe it is the emergency fuel shut off sensor. When you get involved in a rear end colision the fuel system locks up so gas does not keep goin to the engine or through a broken fuel line and catch fire. Sorry to think you had it in D and tried to start it.

cadibrougham
12-27-04, 01:45 AM
wow interesting i will do some research. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: