: Box of Firsts

Ponyman
12-24-12, 08:41 PM
Anybody else recieve this after buying their 2013 SRX? About 4 weeks after buying the 13 we recieved a box from Cadillac. It was a box of firsts. For the first starry night a star map. For the first sunny day, a evian water mister, First challenging drive, a towel with the Cadillac logo, First date, a box of altoids, and another one i can't remember. It came in a Cadillac box with the official Cadillac logo. Personally I would have much rather had the IPad my step mother got when she bought her new XTS two weeks after we bought our SRX.

Festgiven
12-24-12, 10:34 PM
I got it also and I agree with you about the iPad.

BriggZ
12-24-12, 10:35 PM
I bought a new 12 SRX in early Nov and I also received the same thing. A great marketing idea. Yes an iPad would have been better but, none the less, a thoughtful 'thank you' gift. I plan on using the cloth for the 'First Wash' as a cleaning towel for finger prints on the display. BTW, I see you live in OK. OU fan?? Hook'm Horns from a UT grad living in GA. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

algiorda
12-24-12, 11:47 PM
After purchase of my 2004 SRX, I received a Cadillac Christmas Ornament each year for 5 years from my dealer.

temekah
12-25-12, 12:22 AM
I received a box of first also. Thought it was nice.

Ponyman
12-25-12, 09:34 AM
Yeah, an OU fan, but as long as you keep Mack Brown we will do ok. Even though we live in Oklahoma, my step mother and I both bought our cars at James Wood in Denton Texas. It is the closest Cadillac dealer to us that keeps a large inventory and besides that they are good people. My second SRX, and her first car from them. The salesman and dealership gave me $100 for bringing her in. I offered it back, but she said no. Now if I can just find more people to buy from them. ha ha The salesman was happy, $120,000 worth of cars from our family in two weeks time. Seriously though, John Damon athe ealership will treat you with courtesy and respect, as has everyone I have dealt with there. Merry Christmas everyone!!

Marc NY
12-25-12, 05:27 PM
Oh yes, I did finally got my first Cadillac Firsts Box with my 3rd SRX purchase. Thanks Cadillac for sending me that nice gift. :D

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/Animation/ChristmasSRXLOOPA.gif

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-26-12, 11:08 AM
Glad to see your dealers brought you all some holiday cheer with their gifts! (Speaking of which, thank you for making me smile with that fantastic animated gif, Marc NY!)

Hope you all have been having a good week so far,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

IT'SACADDY@2013
12-28-12, 01:36 PM
I purchased my 2013 SRX in November and never received anything from Cadillac for Christmas. Wow!! first I'm hearing of this.. :hmm:

Marc NY
12-28-12, 01:46 PM
I purchased my 2013 SRX in November and never received anything from Cadillac for Christmas. Wow!! first I'm hearing of this.. :hmm:Those "FIRST" gift boxes are sent out from a "random" selection of new SRX buyers by Cadillac and as far as I know the Dealerships have nothing to do with selecting and or sending out those gifts.

hambone8
12-28-12, 04:23 PM
I received a box of firsts about 2-3 weeks ago. Nice gesture from GM/Caddy!

IT'SACADDY@2013
12-28-12, 09:07 PM
To my surprise my first box was in the mail today when I checked. Honestly it made me laugh, because I just had posted I never heard of any box of sorts. Then I go the mailbox and it there waiting for me. Thanks Cadillac!:thumbsup:

wekz1
01-02-13, 02:08 PM
Yes, We got our after our recent 2012 SRX Purchase.

inspectorudy
01-02-13, 03:23 PM
I was at a friend's house on New Year's eve and got a chance to look at his "First" box. Never mind Cadillac! I'd rather have a free nav upgrade instead!

Marc NY
01-03-13, 04:57 PM
I was at a friend's house on New Year's eve and got a chance to look at his "First" box. Never mind Cadillac! I'd rather have a free nav upgrade instead!The "FIRST" gift box is what it is ... it is a "GIFT" that says Thank You for buying your Cadillac SRX.

It is certainly not something that you could barter with or even ask to trade off as you sneeringly suggest... so why would you even bother to say that? :ill:

Yes, it took a third new SRX for me to get a gift from Cadillac but I am quite happy that I finally received one. :cool2:

inspectorudy
01-03-13, 06:17 PM
Marc you are very talented to be able to see me sneer and I was not offering to barter something I never received. I was inferring that the money they wasted on a box of junk would be better spent on offering "Free" nav upgrades to those of us who have the nav systems. BTW, I can suggest any damn thing I feel like suggesting and it is none of your business. And if you think that calling something a "Gift" makes it free for GM then you have never run a business. That is money that could be better spent tending to the customers that need tending to. I am very happy for you and I hope you use the little scope and the other items that you couldn't sell at a garage sale. Put it up on your mantel and tell your friends that you have a friend at GM that sent you a free gift.

GMJim
01-03-13, 06:51 PM
I guess you told him, now didn't ya.

allgm
01-03-13, 07:11 PM
WOW Some one needs a chill pill. Just a suggestion ....

Kennyj
01-03-13, 07:56 PM
Marc you are very talented to be able to see me sneer and I was not offering to barter something I never received. I was inferring that the money they wasted on a box of junk would be better spent on offering "Free" nav upgrades to those of us who have the nav systems. BTW, I can suggest any damn thing I feel like suggesting and it is none of your business. And if you think that calling something a "Gift" makes it free for GM then you have never run a business. That is money that could be better spent tending to the customers that need tending to. I am very happy for you and I hope you use the little scope and the other items that you couldn't sell at a garage sale. Put it up on your mantel and tell your friends that you have a friend at GM that sent you a free gift.

I sure hope you feel better after that rant

JimmyH
01-03-13, 08:24 PM

You really need to get a hobby. Or laid maybe. Or something.

inspectorudy
01-03-13, 10:16 PM
Jimmy maybe you should take your own advice. I made a simple suggestion based on my knowledge of the First junk sent out by GM. This cost a lot of money and it isn't very usable stuff. Maybe if you took your box from GM to the local cat house you might be able to get laid. Why am I the bad guy when I was suggesting something that would benefit ALL of us instead of a few with stuff that isn't useful? Do all of you, Marc, Jimmy and Kenny work for GM?

Kennyj
01-04-13, 05:53 AM
No I do not in fact I have purchased Mercedes, BMW's and Porches exclusively until I bought my Wife a 2009 CTS. She liked the car so much we purchased a 2012 SRX.

GMJim
01-04-13, 06:40 AM
Why am I the bad guy when I was suggesting something that would benefit ALL of us instead of a few with stuff that isn't useful?

Geeze, I don't know why..................

BTW, I can suggest any damn thing I feel like suggesting and it is none of your business.

TheCaptain
01-04-13, 09:44 AM
There's a way of doing it tactfully, inspector; and then there is just plain rude.

For most people, a gift is the thought that counts. Your kids never gave you crappy pictures to hang on your fridge and you can't even decipher what they drew? Did you cut them them down and say they should at least draw something useful or something somebody can understand?

inspectorudy
01-04-13, 11:51 AM
Two things captain; 1. you are now equating the "First" with children's crappy pictures, I didn't and 2. you are equating GM with children which I didn't. You and I as well as all of us on this cite just contributed over $50 BILLION to GM that we will NEVER get back and if I want to offer them advice on how to build a better car or spend their/our money then I feel I have the right to do so. As moderators I would expect you to keep things civil and not become advocates for either side in a discussion on this forum.

Kennyj
01-04-13, 11:56 AM
A question to the forum moderator - is there a way to filter out individuals from the threads?

JimmyH
01-04-13, 03:02 PM
You can put anyone on ignore. The problem is that you will still see they posted, you just won't see what they posted.

Inspectorudy, I was just trying to lighten the mood. I have nothing against you. But the reason you are made out to be the bad guy is because of your constant and ever-present negativity about, well, pretty much everything.

Lighten up a little and you will find that people won't be so quick to jump on you. We all just want to have a little fun here.

inspectorudy
01-04-13, 03:59 PM
The only people that "Jump" on me are the same ones over and over. Just like they are the same ones that jump on anyone else who has a complaint or suggestion. Is this site a cheerleading site for GM or an owner's site to discuss problems and issues with other owners? If I wanted a cheerleading site I would pick up a GM brochure! It is also revealing that when Jimmyh told me to get laid it was meant to be funny but when I suggested he take his box of firsts to a cat house I was being rude. I think I see the trend here, Go GM or No GM then go.

300:29:1
01-04-13, 04:37 PM
I have to say that I was initially pleased with this Box of Firsts, but that quickly faded. Much of the stuff is not really usable, and it seems like an awful lot of packaging wasted. I was still stinging from having to pay a small fortune to have the factory fogs installed, frustrated at the lack of a way to get OEM HID headlamps, and had not received ANY follow up communications from my selling dealer. As a first time Cadillac buyer who spent a considerable amount of money, I expected some follow up from my selling dealer. I have purchased/leased several BMW vehicles and expected more from Cadillac. I did post about my dealer experience in the appropriate sub forum here shortly after the sale. For those who find this box a welcome treat, great. I was not really impressed, and felt it was a waste of money. I have been pleased with my SRX after 7 months and 2600 miles. Winter handling has been excellent.

TheCaptain
01-04-13, 05:50 PM
I equated the 'gift' just the same as any 'gift' I receive. Someone took time and money to get me a box of chocolates, a pack of breath mints, or a home made card. Cadillac did the same here.

Yes, both of our governments took 'our' money to save a corporation. Do I care? No. They saved a lot of people's jobs. That is not the point of this thread.

You also made your point that yes, Cadillac can withhold the gift and save the money to do something else with. That's totally your opinion. Just remember there is lots of people here with just as many opinions and feel just as strongly as you do.

Marc NY
01-04-13, 05:51 PM
... and I as well as all of us on this cite just contributed over $50 BILLION to GM that we will NEVER get back and if I want to offer them advice on how to build a better car or spend their/our money then I feel I have the right to do so. As moderators I would expect you to keep things civil and not become advocates for either side in a discussion on this forum.Your first incorrect statement is related to the 50 Billion that we (the taxpayers) "contributed" to GM and that we will "NEVER" get back is unquestionably wrong! It was a "Bridge Loan" not a "Bail Out" and the Government (taxpayers) owns stock in GM which by-the-way has marketable value and will eventually be cashed out sometime in the future!

Secondly, the TheCaptain was calling you out for your behavior. Moderators, Super Moderators and Administrators on any website have the right to express the last word. If you feel that you were wrongfully called out and or mistreated you must PM one of the site's Administrators and or owner of the site to ask for an explanation. "Free speech" is not a given "right" or "guarantee" that is why there are site rules of conduct that every member agrees to when they sign up. A member can post "anything" they want to say except; when they start to bash, berate or insult any of the regular members and or in this case any of the site's Moderator(s).

inspectorudy
01-04-13, 07:22 PM
As usual Marc you are wrong. GM was GIVEN $50 BILLION dollars in exchange for GM new stock after the stock holders and bond holders were screwed out of their holdings. The stock was issued at a strike price more than double what the first half of GM stock that the US gov. held was sold for. That means that we, the tax payer, have already lost over $26 BILLION dollars on the first sale. We, the tax payers, still own the other half and GM is pressing for the gov. to sell it at the below 50% of the strike price. That will equal about $26 BILLION more of permanent loss for the tax payers. The bridge loan that you are referring to was paid off from other money that the US gov GAVE GM. Plus Obama allowed GM to NOT pay any federal income corporate taxes for years to come. How do you think that makes Ford feel? As for your stupid "Free speech" rant please show me where I insulted or bashed anyone on this forum that didn't insult me first. I referred to the "Gift" box that some of the owners of the SRX got and called it stupid for a company that just exited bankruptcy to be wasting money on. At NO time did refer to anyone on this forum by name or inference. I enjoy this forum but there are about five or six people who think that only praise is acceptable concerning GM or the SRX. That's fine but try not to make it personal when you disagree.

Ponyman
01-04-13, 07:26 PM
Wow and all I wanted to know is if anybody else had recieved the box. The stuff was kind of cheesy and an IPad would have been SO much better, but then again they didn't have to do ANYTHING!! Take it for what it is a small expression of Cadillac's appreciation.

JimmyH
01-04-13, 07:31 PM
The only people that "Jump" on me are the same ones over and over. Just like they are the same ones that jump on anyone else who has a complaint or suggestion. Is this site a cheerleading site for GM or an owner's site to discuss problems and issues with other owners? If I wanted a cheerleading site I would pick up a GM brochure! It is also revealing that when Jimmyh told me to get laid it was meant to be funny but when I suggested he take his box of firsts to a cat house I was being rude. I think I see the trend here, Go GM or No GM then go.

You just don't get it. And you never will.

If you hate GM so much you are in the wrong place. You are just being a troll then and should accept that folks here don't like you.

inspectorudy
01-05-13, 01:16 AM
You are right that I don't get it but then I have always been a little different. If I have offended any of you I apologize and hope to continue to offer my opinions and suggestions on this site.

JimmyH
01-05-13, 04:43 PM
I hope you do continue to contribute and offer your opinions. Everyone is welcome here. Just keep in mind that no one here wants to keep hearing over and over how much someone dislikes GM and their policies.

People who come here to solve a problem with their Cadillac, look for an answer, may or may not find it, and they leave. Those who stay are typically people who are passionate about their Cadillacs. They really don't want to see anti-GM or anti-Cadillac sentiment. They certainly don't want to see it over and over from the same person. Imagine something you own, that you really enjoy, that you are so happy you purchased. Now imagine someone telling you what a piece of crap it is and that you were wrong to buy it, and that the manufacturer of it should be crucified. I don't think you would like that at all.

stevec5375
01-06-13, 08:10 AM
Wow and all I wanted to know is if anybody else had recieved the box. The stuff was kind of cheesy and an IPad would have been SO much better, but then again they didn't have to do ANYTHING!! Take it for what it is a small expression of Cadillac's appreciation.

I didn't get "the box" but as for taking it for what it is, well, in reality "it" is a marketing gimmick to get you all warm and fuzzy so you'll want to buy another vehicle from them.

adamjeeps
01-06-13, 09:23 AM
I'm hoping to buy my first Caddy tomorrow and could care less about a box of firsts. They should have used that money to illuminate the cup holders!

Ponyman
01-06-13, 10:30 AM
And there's a problem with them making an effort to make you feel " warm and fuzzy" to buy another car from them. Seems pretty smart if it works. A large return for a minimal investment if you do buy another vehicle.

GMJim
01-06-13, 12:38 PM
I'm hoping to buy my first Caddy tomorrow and could care less about a box of firsts. They should have used that money to illuminate the cup holders!

Would a supplier discount help? Or are you all set?

adamjeeps
01-06-13, 12:52 PM
Would a supplier discount help? Or are you all set?
Thank you Jim. I have not negotiated with the dealer yet, but I have received a quote. I was actually trying to PM you about that. I would think it would not hurt to have the supplier discount. You probably know a lot more about that than I. It is a 2012 fwd Performance with a couple small options.