: Inside "A" pillar trim, nav questions

VETTE68327
12-23-12, 06:31 PM
THREE QUICK QUESTIONS:
1) How do I remove the trim cover between the roof and dash, so I can run a wire thru "A" pillar?
2) Can the NAV be defeated so I can enter an address while moving?
3) Can the NAV display DVD while the vehicle is in motion?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-24-12, 01:01 PM
VETTE68327, I'm just an email away if you ever have additional vehicle questions! As a Customer Service representative, I'm not able to pass along much DIY advice; however, I'm happy to help with your third question. Your DVD video will not display on the navigation screen unless the vehicle is in PARK (P), and page 5-75 of your manual gives the following helpful information.

"DVDs will operate on the rear seat entertainment screens while the vehicle is moving. The Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) video screen will start play of the DVD when a DVD video has been inserted into the navigation system. The DVD player can be controlled by the buttons on the navigation system, the Rear Seat Audio (RSA) system, and the remote control. The DVD player can also be used for the rear seat passengers with the radio off."

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

2007caddy
12-24-12, 01:26 PM
For questions 2 & 3 you can get a lockpick (GMX 550) from coastaletech.com...I upgraded from an older model of lockpick....I bought from a members business which was at a good price

BlownEscalade
12-24-12, 04:34 PM
I'm interested in DIY on taking the A pillar off myself. Yesterday I went thru a car wash and the cables holding the overhead doors up broke and the door came smashing onto my roof breaking the small antenna on the top. I was gone try fixing it myself because I hate people touching the headliner because everytime Simone does its just filthy after. And it drives me crazy. Any help would be appreciated

MrHolland
12-24-12, 05:11 PM
I've never removed my A pillars but IIRC, I think I read that it is snapped on. Please verify that though.

48Dodge
12-25-12, 01:25 PM
I've had mine off a couple times and replaced them with new. Simply carefully pry the small cover off the left one then unbolt it. It simply pulls off from the top and pulls out. You can then unhook the speaker. The left is similar. Pry the covers off the handle then unbolt. Pulls out the the cover pops off.

VETTE68327
12-26-12, 12:25 AM
Merry christmas!

----------

Merry Christmas!

Is it the little plastic oval near the top that needs to be removed?

48Dodge
12-26-12, 12:44 AM
Merry christmas!

----------

Merry Christmas!

Is it the little plastic oval near the top that needs to be removed?

Yes. That covers the bolt on the driver side

BlownEscalade
12-26-12, 01:34 AM
Awesome. Thanks. Something to do over the Xmas holidays lol

VETTE68327
12-26-12, 04:19 PM
THANKS 48. Worked great! Took longer to find the 7mm socket than to run the wire!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!