: Plastidipped the Gray Headlight Trim!

WarrenMRogers
12-23-12, 04:57 PM
Well, here it is! I'm about to go out for a second coat to fix up the imperfections but it looks GREAT. I also blacked out the red part of my V emblems as they were faded. I'll post the finished product in a sec when I go back out to check on them.

Edit: These are in the wrong order. The one on the left is the after and the one on the right is before. The gray had some bad scratching and this just looks amazing. I am very pleased with it. I'm going out to take pics of the emblems, I should have that posted up in 10 minutes or so.

WarrenMRogers
12-23-12, 06:18 PM
I'm having problems with my computer not wanting to load my files. I'll be fooling with this now! Sorry for the delay, the pictures are taken. Actually, I'm just going to post them from my phone via the cadillacforums app!

Nevermind, the App won't resize my photos so it won't let me post them. I guess I'll just have to figure out what's wrong with my computer. The emblems look great, btw.

Mullah88
12-23-12, 09:05 PM
Will it load it through photobucket? Or your computer is not recognising your phone as a usb storage

etcts-v
12-24-12, 04:08 AM
I use photo bucket for everything I post on here, from what I can tell by the photos on my phone it looks good!

WarrenMRogers
12-24-12, 10:05 AM
My PC just isn't letting me load any of my files, it isn't wanting to even load My Computer. I gave up last night. I will try again when I get home from work!

I8URSVT
12-24-12, 05:34 PM
looks good! i've been thinking about doing this as well. maybe i'll do it this week

WarrenMRogers
12-24-12, 06:06 PM
The pics are awful but the one with the before of the emblem really is that faded. The red is mostly white all the way around. I'm really considering blacking out the whole emblem minus the chrome trim. I've seen that on a few V's and I really like it.

WarrenMRogers
12-24-12, 06:13 PM
Clearly I'm not having a good time uploading... Lol. Anyway, I hope this makes sense!

WarrenMRogers
12-24-12, 06:16 PM
Clearly I'm not having a good time uploading... Lol. Anyway, I hope this makes sense!

And again!

Bigron
01-03-13, 12:21 PM
How did you get the dip to not stick to the tape?

WarrenMRogers
01-04-13, 08:42 PM
How did you get the dip to not stick to the tape? It stays very liquidy at first. If you peel the tape off immediately, it doesn't stick at all. I recommend doing one headlight at a time because it dries very quickly.