: Hope you all!

orconn
12-23-12, 03:17 PM
For those of you travelling to be with loved ones Christmas day, I hope you have smooth, uneventful trips to and from your destinations. For those who are awaiting visits from family members and friends I wish a wonderful visit.

And for those for whom Christmas is a "bah, humbug," I hope the coming year brings reasons for a happy Christmas next year!

Submariner409
12-23-12, 03:26 PM
Good words. We did our long distance roadrunning over Thanksgiving, so we're holed up here for the week. 6 good friends coming over for a rib roast dinner on Christmas Day, everyone local.

ThumperPup
12-23-12, 03:28 PM
safe travels to all and a marry Christmas to those who calibrate

Submariner409
12-23-12, 03:38 PM

I have calibrated my bourbon shot glass - and,

Ross, a happy Hanukkah season to you and yours.

Rolex
12-23-12, 08:29 PM
Thank you sir. Merry Christmas to you all. God bless.

vincentm
12-23-12, 11:48 PM
Spending it at home, by myself preferrably.

STS_Seville_Hunter
12-24-12, 12:55 AM
I'll need well wishes, meeting my girlfriends family for the first time on Christmas.

orconn
12-24-12, 01:38 AM
It will go well! Just stay way from the booze and compliment her mother on her bean dip!

The-Dullahan
12-24-12, 03:15 AM

Calibrating pistons this very moment!

Hunter, I wouldn't worry too deeply on that. If I can make a good impression on a Girl's parents (whatever the relation she has to me) anyone can. In hindsight though, I dated this one girl once for like a year. Never met her parents. In fact, I don't think I ever even spoke with them. Like five years later I met her Mum brother though. For some reason, they liked me.

Anyhow, be yourself. It's always the best policy when meeting new people, because it allows them to get to know the REAL you, rather than feel it is a charade put on for their observance. That and you should be yourself, because it may get awkward if you were accidentally woke up that day as a different person. Those are always the strangest days.

gdwriter
12-24-12, 01:01 PM
Traveled last Tuesday to Florida, meeting up with my sister and her family and spent a couple days at my brother-in-law's parents, including a trip to the beach.

Saturday, we drove 500+ miles to their house just north of Montgomery, AL, where my parents had already driven in from Texas. It's been a nice time with everyone. My niece and nephew's birthday is Dec. 26, then I fly home Dec. 27.

Hope everybody has a safe trip with no hassles and enjoys their time with friends and family.

Submariner409
12-24-12, 01:55 PM
Hey, Gary - Hoover needs a red velvet bow ! Merry, Merry and the best to you ..................... Jim

The-Dullahan
12-24-12, 04:32 PM
I drove around with the crew, delivering turkeys and hams. Then last night, did it again, delivering toys. I hope kids still like LEGO sets.

orconn
12-24-12, 04:41 PM
^^^ When I lived in L.A. the grocery stores used (may still do) gave away a free turkey with every grocery purchase of $50.00 or more. Between the weeks before Thanksgiving and Christmas my neighbor and I would collect these free turkeys weekly and put them in the giant freezer she had in her garage. At an appointed time determined by the homeless missions in downtown L.A. we would load up her Volvo wagon and take a frigid ride downtown to the missions to deliver this bounty of turkeys. This went on for ten years until, at least the time we departed L.A.. For the little extra planning and effort it took to gather, store and deliver the frozen turkeys, I hope it made someone's Christmas dinner a little happier!

gdwriter
12-24-12, 05:29 PM
Hey, Gary - Hoover needs a red velvet bow ! Merry, Merry and the best to you ..................... JimThanks, Jim. My best to you and yours!

The-Dullahan
12-25-12, 12:51 PM
Actually, I perform said activity with a friend as well (And at Thanksgiving too) but between her and I, we use two cars. Neither of us possesses a Volvo Wagon. Antique Muscle Cars work well too, though.