: hello gentlemen

WWlll
12-23-12, 07:16 AM
Have a couple of Q's.. my 82 eldorado has a new fuel pump and no pressure reading at the fuel gauge pressure check...I removed the supply line there was fuel flow,i removed the return line there was fuel..I then did what's called the dead head test,which the return fuel line is removed and the throttle body is plugged,I activated the fuel pump and watched the fuel pressure gauge'''again no pressure''' the fuel pressure gauge is working fine..does this eldorado run with an in tank fuel pump or does it have two,one on the frame

carnut
12-23-12, 11:06 AM
One in the tank only. You are aware that the fuel pump gets a signal from the oil pressure sender to activate the pump only if oil pressure is seen. Check the oil pressure sender connections, they can be damaged by exhaust heat over time. Its just above the oil filter. And...... your thread title should say what your problem is, not "hello gentleman" Proper thread titles help others do a search to fix their cars. And please post year and type of car you own in your signature.