: 2002 Escalade EXT - ABS and transmission shift problems

lcavalier
12-23-12, 07:11 AM
I have a 2002 escalade Ext and the vehicle just went on the frits!!! The abs and brake lights in the dash came on, then the truck wouldn't shift into gear then the then it bogged down when I stepped on the gas and the speedometer stopped working. It just happened all of a sudden. What's wrong with my truck?

Submariner409
12-23-12, 10:38 AM
This has nothing to do with Customer Care, warranty, or recall work. Moved to the proper forum. Title edited to better reflect your problems.

the cadillac man
12-23-12, 01:15 PM
I have a 2002 escalade Ext and the vehicle just went on the frits!!! The abs and brake lights in the dash came on, then the truck wouldn't shift into gear then the then it bogged down when I stepped on the gas and the speedometer stopped working. It just happened all of a sudden. What's wrong with my truck?

Sounds like the PCM is going nuts

lcavalier
12-24-12, 11:11 AM
sorry about the post in the wrong area. made the from the mobile app and the navigation on isn't to user friendly.

the cadillac man
12-24-12, 11:16 AM
sorry about the post in the wrong area. made the from the mobile app and the navigation on isn't to user friendly.

Don't feel bad I use the iPhone app a lot and I have sometimes went in different sections of the forum without realizing it

LittleNo
12-27-12, 08:33 AM
Sounds like an issue with your VSS at the transmission. But without a Scantool you won't find out. It also can be a problem with a wheel speed sensor or bad communications between the ABS module and the PCM.

So get the DTCs and when you have a good Scantool check the VSS value from the PCM and maybe from the ABS module too while moving the car (or if it won't drive anymore, lift it and move the wheels by hand).

Maybe your VSS is bad or it's connector just got damaged (it's located at the rear end of the transmission, or if it's an AWD at the rear of the transfer case).