: Opinion please

goat-v
12-23-12, 01:25 AM
I sold my sts-v a few months ago and have been looking a nice SUV since. I finally found a nice 07 escalade with 90k. White diamond everything I wanted. He wants 22500 for it. My questions is would you guys point a guy into the direction of buying used escalade or buy a new tahoe. Thanks for any input.

Rolex
12-23-12, 09:23 AM
I'd sooner buy the new Tahoe. Just my .02

roadog1aj
12-23-12, 09:32 AM
I'd sooner buy the new Tahoe. Just my .02

+1 on the new Tahoe

TAM79
12-23-12, 11:59 AM
I sold my sts-v a few months ago and have been looking a nice SUV since. I finally found a nice 07 escalade with 90k. White diamond everything I wanted. He wants 22500 for it. My questions is would you guys point a guy into the direction of buying used escalade or buy a new tahoe. Thanks for any input. I guess you need something for space is why you sold an STS-V... Definatley I would get an Escalade. I would go for an 2010 and up though my .02

----------

I'd sooner buy the new Tahoe. Just my .02 So why are you roaming the Escalade Forum?

MrHolland
12-23-12, 12:07 PM
For me, 2009 or new Escalade are the good ones. Even then, my choice is brand new or a few years old, definitely brand new!!! Good luck..

goat-v
12-23-12, 12:08 PM
Yes I need the space. Addition to the family. After i posted last night I looked in some tahoe forums and same question was asked in 2011. Seemed like 80% said go with caddy. That was nice to know. I know new body styles are coming out soon so I figure used caddy for next couple years won't hurt.

MrHolland
12-23-12, 12:19 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love my Escalade and wouldn't give it up, unless of course it was for a newer one. But, if my choice was a 6yr old Escalade or a brand new Tahoe, I would buy the Tahoe. The 2007 was the first year for the new body style and had several problems. I love being able to say I have an Escalade, but not at the expense of 90K miles, wind noise, peeling chrome and trim, or by giving up a brand new car that doesn't have quite as many options.

----Please research the 2007 well before committing to it. If not, you may likely be here complaining of problems that could have been avoided. I would probably start here -

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/110383-all-links-all-posts-07-wind.html

lee88
12-23-12, 03:05 PM
I guess you need something for space is why you sold an STS-V... Definatley I would get an Escalade. I would go for an 2010 and up though my .02

----------

So why are you roaming the Escalade Forum?

Umm he's saying that he'd rather have a NEW Tahoe than a 5 year old escalade. It makes more sense as far as dependability.
That doesn't mean he can't be on this forum...

Ghost Deany
12-23-12, 03:14 PM
If you get an 07 just research the issues they had and go from there. My 07 doesnt have the wind noise and has been really good to me so far in 2 years, bought it with 76k on it.

hcvone
12-23-12, 06:17 PM
I don't get the post, do new Tahoe's now cost 22k? Lets make a fair comparison of say a new Tahoe to a 2 year old Escalade, you may even find one that is 1 year old with higher miles, that are priced around the same price as a new Tahoe, then I would go for the Escalade, but a 2007 vs a 2012/13, of course you would get the new Tahoe in that case. :)

goat-v
12-23-12, 09:25 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I didn't expect a new car verse used one to be apples to apples but just trying to see what some of you would do in hind sight. Save the 20k over a new one and buy caddy or spend extra 20k+ and buy tahoe/yukon.

hannity
12-23-12, 10:21 PM
I sold my sts-v a few months ago and have been looking a nice SUV since. I finally found a nice 07 escalade with 90k. White diamond everything I wanted. He wants 22500 for it. My questions is would you guys point a guy into the direction of buying used escalade or buy a new tahoe. Thanks for any input.

I would go with the tahoe. Most of these escalades don't stand the test of time, so you are better off going with a new tahoe for your hard earned money.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-24-12, 03:13 PM
Goat-v, if you would ever like me to send you the build sheet for an Escalade you're considering, I'm happy to do so! Email me anytime with vehicle questions at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

ryanwood86
12-24-12, 04:49 PM

If you look beside his name, you would know he does more than "roam" the forum....

I'd buy a new Tahoe as well if I had the choice, assuming most everything else is equal (leather, nav, heated and cooled seats...)

TAM79
12-24-12, 05:16 PM
If you look beside his name, you would know he does more than "roam" the forum....

I'd buy a new Tahoe as well if I had the choice, assuming most everything else is equal (leather, nav, heated and cooled seats...) Its amazing how I ask Rolex and it seems everyone else wants to answer!

I read a lot of the junk that some of you guys put on here and I say if you don't like cadillac or the Escalade get off the forum and go to the one that has your vehicle. I've owned many Cadillacs and I bought my escalade in March 2007 and haven't had all the problems people on here seems to have, then I'm not trying to customize and make it better than what it is or made for i just enjoy it. Maybe some of the problems are owners and not necessarily the vehicle. I've been in the Vehicle Maintenance field for over 30 years and the one thing thats constant is anything man made can break!

ryanwood86
12-24-12, 06:08 PM
If you read it, you would see he didn't say anything negative about Cadillacs at all. I like my 2009, but if I had a choice, I'd take the new Tahoe too.... What's it matter?

Rolex
12-25-12, 03:39 PM
Its amazing how I ask Rolex and it seems everyone else wants to answer!

Sorry I didn't get back to you fast enough. See below:

I guess you need something for space is why you sold an STS-V... Definatley I would get an Escalade. I would go for an 2010 and up though my .02

----------

You must have missed that I'm a moderator. I roam the entire forum. :)

Moreover, the title of the thread was asking for opinions. I came here to give mine.

TAM79
12-26-12, 12:29 AM
Sorry I didn't get back to you fast enough. See below:

You must have missed that I'm a moderator. I roam the entire forum. :)

Moreover, the title of the thread was asking for opinions. I came here to give mine. Thank you sir! I hope you had a Very Merry Christmas!!!