: missing "category" button on driver 2 setting; a/v connection?; bluetooth?
1) I have been having a lot of trouble with the upac set up for an ipod touch in my wife's 2011 sts. I have been in constant communication with the techs at both the place where I purchased the unit and the manufacturer. What it boils down to is that my setting is for driver 2 and in the wx mode (thats where you need to go to activate the ipod) my "category" button is not displayed at all in "wx", it IS there in am & fm. only the scan and the ABC button which are on the right hand side of the display show.
I was ready to remove the unit when I happened to try driver 1 settings. this shows all the presets down the right side. when in ipod mode and the category button is chosen, the channel presets on the bottom become ipod presets. they are plist, artist, album, songs and genre.
with out them it is difficult to make choices.
Is there a reset or default to get driver 2 to function like the driver 1 setting?
2) the audio/ video hook up in the console. apple sells a component set with those 3 cables and a usb cable. would the ipod display on the nav screen and would I be able to make selections by touch screen?
3) I got bluetooth to recognize the ipod but I could not get the music to play wirelessly. does anyone know if it will?
12-23-12, 12:08 AM
2. Nope. It's video out only and the iPod only displays output for video. There is no method to use the Nav touch screen to control the iPod via the center console inputs.
3. Bluetooth is also a no-go. The car doesn't support the A2DP stereo audio profile that is needed to steam the audio. On a jailbroken device you can force the iPod / iPhone to output via mono headset mode for all audio while that may sound cool it's actually terrible. The quality is roughly equivalent to a phone conversation. I think it's 32kbps mono compared to CD @ 128kbps stereo.
1. My uPAC hijacks the XM interface and is controlled via the tuning knob. It provides no other options. Yours may be newer and work differently. Mine is 4 years old,
12-23-12, 12:54 AM
Presets 1-6 have functionality (their label doesn't change), this changes based on if you have the "Category" button pressed or not.
Watch this video
Thanks for the video I have seen it when I contacted upac because of the problem I am describing. My problem is under driver 2 setting (which is for me) when I am in ipod mode the auto ?, info & category buttons are not displayed at all. they are not even there as inactive. only the time, scan & abc buttons are there. if I go to am or fm everything is normal and shows like in the video. that has been my problem category is unavailable to me and I cannot bring up the presets for the ipod. when in ipod mode and category is pressed the 6 bottom presets now read plist, artist, album,genre ect.
Now if I am under driver 1 setting all is as it should be in the ipod mode. all the buttons on the right hand side do show up and work. I need to get driver 2 to work like driver 1. any ideas?
12-24-12, 12:00 AM
Is Driver 2 actually seen by the car as Driver 2? since the car can have 4 drivers programmed to it but only 2 can be personalized. Can you reprogram the car so you are driver 1?
Cadillac Cust Svc
12-24-12, 01:24 PM
Nikod, please feel free to send me an email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with the last eight of your VIN if you would like me to investigate your concerns further. I'm happy to check my GM resources for you!
Cadillac Customer Service
Sorry I have not been on in a while. I set my settings as driver 2 and held the button in until it beeped after doing all the vehicle settings such as locks and seat setting ect. I did not realize that 4 drivers could be programmed. One thing here may make a difference, when we were given the keys (fobs) they were both marked with #1 on the bottom. one had like a coin attached with a key code or something so I used that as Driver 1 and the other became driver 2. I thought it might be an issue when doing the settings but everything seemed to go ok.
Does the driver greeting display after you start the car using your fob? If not, it is probably matched as #3 or #4 which do not support the personalized settings. Adding the replacement for a lost fob requires a start-from-scratch fob matching procedure. Failure to use this procedure is the most common cause of personalization issues like you describe.
Yes, I have the greetings set to personal and it does display the names correctly to the assigned fobs
Well that 'proves' the fob/car matching is correct. Are you willing to lose all your driver 2 settings?
1. Get in the car with your #2 fob and start it or press the ACC switch.
2. Press the Nav Config hard key and press the Driver 1 soft key to recall those preferences.
3. You can stop the automatic seat adjustments by pressing any of the seat controls.
4. Press & hold the Driver 2 soft key to save the settings.
If the issue persists, I suspect there's a issue with your Nav receiver. If you're under warranty, you'll have probably need to prove the flaw without the uPAC. A dealer can't void a warranty just because you have it installed but they can't be held accountable for a feature that is only related to an aftermarket device.
I tried several times but I could not improve my radio settings. I was about to re program the remotes, but did not. when I originally took the radio/ nav out there was a real short wire connection with a pink clip that comes apart in 2 pieces on the right side of the back. what is that wire for? I was in fear of breaking it trying to get access for disconnecting, then of course I dropped the clip down the inside and had to retrieve it.
01-01-13, 08:34 PM
when I originally took the radio/ nav out there was a real short wire connection with a pink clip that comes apart in 2 pieces on the right side of the back. what is that wire for?
This sounds like the connection to the GPS antenna ... its WAY too short of a cable and the clip is difficult at best to disconnect from the radio, certainly they designed the NAV to be put in at the factory and never removed.