: Mud/Splash Guards

CAPT Mike
12-22-12, 06:37 PM
Ok, it's my turn to nitpick my XTS4. Not really. I am anal about my vehicles and motorcycles; I use them, but I clean and wax them weekly or monthly depending on their use. Well, I've been riding my XTS4 a lot and I find that the design of the body results in a lot of crap being sent along the rocker behind the front wheels and the lower panel behind the rear wheels. Does anyone know of a vendor or Cadillac having a custom mud/splash guards for my XTS? Thanks.

rebelduke
12-22-12, 07:40 PM
Ok, it's my turn to nitpick my XTS4. Not really. I am anal about my vehicles and motorcycles; I use them, but I clean and wax them weekly or monthly depending on their use. Well, I've been riding my XTS4 a lot and I find that the design of the body results in a lot of crap being sent along the rocker behind the front wheels and the lower panel behind the rear wheels. Does anyone know of a vendor or Cadillac having a custom mud/splash guards for my XTS? Thanks.
I've been looking for a while also. Weather Tech responded to an inquiry be saying they had no plans in developing mud guards for the XTS. Generic ones are available but I'm adverse to trying them. If you have any luck please keep us posted.

wrtxts
12-22-12, 08:58 PM
There are none that I could find. I ended up having the clear bra installed on the panels.

CAPT Mike
12-22-12, 10:16 PM
My hope is that Cadillac will put something out .

longslim
12-22-12, 11:01 PM
There are none that I could find. I ended up having the clear bra installed on the panels.I did the clear bra as well, it does seem as if there will not be a mud guard.

thebigjimsho
12-24-12, 09:32 PM
Identical thread to one in ATS. Clearbra and forget it...

CAPT Mike
12-25-12, 12:34 PM
I said negative to the clear bra on any part of any car. I just don't like saran wrap on my vehicles. So I'll keep on searching for the splash guards or modify a set if necessary. BTW, why would I wander around the ATS forum? I own an XTS. But it is interesting that other folks with other models are asking the same question.
Maybe Cadillac will listen via the customer service reps that are rummaging on this forum now for consumer input/problems.

CAPT Mike
12-25-12, 04:42 PM
I know that our XTS's have a lot in common with the Buick LaCrosse. It just so happens that the 2013 Lacrosse has Front and Rear Molded Splash Guards listed as GM accessories. There are no Buick emblems on the guards Front P/N 19172938 or Rear P/N 19172935. The obvious question is will they fit the XTS. Perhaps one of the tech folks or Cadillac Tony may have the answer.

thebigjimsho
12-26-12, 02:13 AM
Clearbra.

TulsaVic
12-26-12, 10:18 AM
Clearbra is going to save the paint from being chipped by rocks/debris being splashed up. But it's not going to keep the side of the car cleaner. Only a splash guard will do that. I think that was Capt Mike's original complaint.

CAPT Mike
12-26-12, 11:00 AM
Clearbra is going to save the paint from being chipped by rocks/debris being splashed up. But it's not going to keep the side of the car cleaner. Only a splash guard will do that. I think that was Capt Mike's original complaint.

You are absolutely correct. If what people have said on this forum that our fabulous XTS is just a rebadged LaCrosse is correct (and who cares), the GM splash guards listed for the 2013 LaCrosse would fit. Any one out there in the business know for sure?

thebigjimsho
12-26-12, 12:03 PM

Well, that I understand...

longslim
12-26-12, 01:31 PM
I get mud guards are the perfect application for our cars. However there is no mud guard for this car, so this is the best option available now. My though was how to mitigate the wear and tear from road debris and for easier cleaning behind tire well.

kimbo1
12-31-12, 01:26 AM
I just did the ClearBra/Stone-gard thing, too. Better than nothing. Cadillac needs to come out with splash guards.

So, who prefers colar-matched and who prefers just plain black?