Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Weird lack of power today

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
Anyone know what might have caused this? Today my V had a serious lack of power. It seemed like it had a regular V8, with no Supercharger. Stomped on it a few times and it just didn't seem right.

No CEL. No messages on the DIC. Acted like the Supercharger was not working. No Weird sounds, but also no Supercharger whine. It was running fine, not rough or anything. Just not its normal self.

Then, all of a sudden it was fine. Back to fantastic power and the Supercharger sounded great.

Any ideas? Thanks.

#3 ·
Yeah, belt looks good and tight. I drove it again and it was fine. I was starting to think I'm just crazy (which I am), but I was trying to show it off to a passenger. At first they said, yeah that's pretty good. Then when it was back to normal, they said WOW, now that's fast.

#4 ·
You are not crazy. I have experienced this exact same thing. I've only owned my STS-V for about a month, but I recently picked it up from the dealer and noticed for about a day that it had no power. The next day I was going to do some diagnostics, but it was fine and had great power. No problems since then.

I guessed that maybe the dealer reflashed the ECU which cleared the keep alive memory and it had to relearn. Next time it happens I am going to put a data logger on there and see what's going on.

Brian

#5 ·
Interesting. The only thing I can think of that might have prompted it for me was a short time before I noticed it, I started to stomp on it, but someone changed into my lane and I had to back off real quick.

It was after that, but even happened after shutting it off for 45 minutes or so. I was thinking maybe the computer was holding it back for some reason, like when Stability Control kicks in, but again no messages.

#6 ·
Carter's_sts, I see you're already getting feedback from forum owners, so I wanted to let you know I'm available if the concern persists and you would like to involve a dealer. Email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance, and I would happily set up a dealer appointment for you or call your dealer to follow up if your vehicle was in their shop.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.