: Chrysler taps Motown for latest ad

Jesda
12-21-12, 04:30 AM
http://jesda.com/2012/12/21/new-chrysler-ad-we-are-motown/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1NCSrwa2Us

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-21-12, 09:30 AM
Looks great! Chrysler is really good at putting the "soul" back into their advertisements.

vincentm
12-21-12, 09:41 AM
Not a fan of the 300's, actually cant stand them. But i do like Chrysler's pro american automobile messsage behind their ads. And having visited Detroit this year i can say ive never seen so many Cadillacs on the road. Good job Chrysler :thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
12-21-12, 10:53 AM
Looks great! Chrysler is really good at putting the "soul" back into their advertisements.

So is Duracell. Never be powaless!

The-Dullahan
12-22-12, 04:36 AM
Now if only they were half as American a company as they claimed. Glad to see they finally gave up on the "Imported From Detroit" thing...since (as usual) they "borrowed" that from Cadillac anyhow.

Not a fan of the 300/Charger either and while I can appreciate their stablemate, the Magnum Wagon, it is only because...well, who the hell makes a wagon anymore anyhow (Obvious answer, just buy a late fifties GM wagon).

I recall in my youth that the 300, Charger and Magnum were all coupes and while the vintage 300 is just as ugly as the modern ones, at least it's not trying really hard to be a RR. Imitation, it is said, is the greatest form of flattery.

I am personally awaiting the day they release a package like this.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/girls-wtf-wed-08_29_12-500-10.jpg?w=500&h=439

There is an obvious market for it, since 92% of the vehicles inflicted with any of these appearance "modifications" are Chrysler 300's. 7% are Chargers/Magnums and the other 1% is made up with an even mix of Sebrings/assorted other makes/models.

MotownPimp
12-22-12, 05:28 PM
Wow! Being a Detroit inner city boy, love the ad. But I'll keep my Coupe!

orconn
12-22-12, 05:37 PM
I have nothing against Detroit, but aren't most American cars and the domestically produced foreign makes produced in southern "right to work" states? I ques the news that GM will repatriate some of its' production back from Canada is good news.

MotownPimp
12-22-12, 05:45 PM
The Coupe was built in Lansing, Mi. Not quite Detroit but close enough.............

The-Dullahan
12-22-12, 06:17 PM
My Cadillac, Pontiac and Chevrolet were built in Detroit, Michigan. The Cadillac was almost built in Texas. The parts used to restore the Pontiac were also from Michigan, as even when I found new replacements, I noted they were clearly stamped with parts number and the phrase "GENERAL MOTORS. DETROIT, MICHIGAN". The engine I built and put into the Pontiac, while not original, also came from Detroit, as did the engine presently in the Chevrolet. Likewise, the engine that was built for my Cadillac and is not yet swapped in, was also built by GM in Detroit. Thereby, these are solid Detroit automobiles. However, the Cadillac was finished in Lima, Ohio. This is because all the really cool Cadillacs go there to be finished. I also know that the Cadillac was sold to Parks Superior, a dealership in Somers, Connecticut and was purchased from there and shipped to Salem, Massachusetts, where she remained in service.

Both of my Fords came from Wayne, Michigan.

The Mack came from Macungie Township in Pennsylvania (Though it served in Canada and has had some of the weird Aussie items on it)

The Lincoln (RIP) came from Wixom, Michigan. I do not believe it has ever left Florida since new.

The Triumph however, is the odd one out I suppose, because it came from Meriden in the West Midlands County in Central England

Thereby speaking, it can be decided that MOST of my vehicles are American. Since I sort of fell into ownership of the Triumph, rather than went and looked for it or technically paid for it, one could forgive me for owning that one. Also, if you exclude the British one and the Work Truck, all of them are from Michigan...someplace.

orconn
12-22-12, 06:25 PM
If Iam not mistaken aren't most of your vehicles ancient!

The-Dullahan
12-22-12, 06:28 PM
Ancient? Like Orconn/Submariner Ancient? Not quite that old.

:hide:

There are two '67's a '68, formerly a '72 (The Lincoln) an '87 and an '85. However the Fords are a 2002 and 2004, so they're not really that old. If they were Chevrolet products, they would have been built in Texas by that point.

Reason number 5,657,458,157,138,481 to buy an older American car? They're actually built in the United States.

MotownPimp
12-22-12, 06:55 PM
Ancient? Sheeet, man, I go back to 42. And, yes, I was built in the USA....from mid-west dust.

orconn
12-22-12, 07:01 PM
^^^ I go back to 1943 and most think I am ancient! Most people if they knew how old my 1995 Seville STS was would definitley think it was ancient!

The-Dullahan
12-22-12, 07:21 PM
That makes my daily drivers (Cadillac, Pontiac) prehistoric and primeval respectively.^

I was built in the USA....from mid-west dust.

I think I an conclusively count myself as an American or European. But only when one of them is convenient for business purposes. Otherwise, my origins are not relevant. Then again, depending on whom you ask and how misinformed they are, I come from just about any ethnic origin. Usually whichever is most convenient for them, most often as an attempted insult.

I believe I am an antique as well, for though even my Cadillac is older than me, many people believe and tell me that I was most likely supposed to be born a lot earlier. Perhaps someone "up there" just had a reason to put me here and now.

Was definitely not the Mid-West, though. Assembled from only the finest Western European/High North Atlantic/Northeastern Iron and Frost.

Jesda
12-23-12, 08:48 PM
My Saab came from Finland. Even my Swedish car was made in a foreign country!

orconn
12-23-12, 08:57 PM
^^^Yeah, the Swedes look around for cheaper labor. Many Volvos were built in the Nederlands.

The-Dullahan
12-24-12, 01:34 AM
Finland > Sweden anyhow.

Both Viking Land though.

thebigjimsho
12-24-12, 05:14 PM
Finland FTW.