: Got a Cigar ?

Sandy
12-24-04, 04:36 PM
Other than myself, are there any other cigar smokers on here ??
If so, name your #1 & #2 favorites.
ME
#1 Ashton Cabinet #1
#2 H. Upman Chrysler Imperial
#3. (Discontinued) Dunhill Canary Island Lonsdale

Stoneage_Caddy
12-24-04, 04:43 PM
there is a chrysler imperial cigar ?

I suppose it comes in a wrapper so eleborately made that the goverment classifys it as a peice of jewlery ?

Been awhile since i had one .....my last was a Cuban , when i was overseas , given to me by a local who i had become freinds with ...

RBraczyk
12-24-04, 04:46 PM
I like cuban cigars.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-24-04, 04:49 PM
i did too, outside the fact it was one of the most unpatriotic things i had ever done but i didnt want to offend the guy , we did lots of business and on the side i would bring him things from the states and hed give things from his country ....All stemmed from me wanting to know about how his peers lived (customs) , he was equally curious about how we did things in the US ...

Speacking of customs...thats why the rest of the cubans had to stay , i didnt want to bring them back to the US ....

Adam
12-24-04, 05:12 PM
i like vanilla, pipe tobacco, cherry, pipe tobacco, apple, pipe tobacco, and just plain cigars. did i mention pipe tobacco cigars? well i quit smoking them though becuase it was killing my lungs :bighead: . :rolleyes2

Elvis
12-24-04, 06:33 PM
well i quit smoking them though becuase it was killing my lungs :bighead: . :rolleyes2

This has been the most rewarding six months of my life.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11415

majax
12-24-04, 06:34 PM
We got my dad a humador for christmas with some cuban cigars in it, I forgot the name of them, dang.

Sandy
12-24-04, 08:07 PM
Cigar Vitals

H. Upmann (D.R.) Cigars
"Special Selection" Chrysler Crown Imperial
Current Rating

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Size: 7 x 46
Shape: Churchill
Wrapper: Indonesia
Filler: D.R., Brazil
Binder: Dom. Rep.
MSRP: $0.00
Total Reviews: 1
Average User Rating: 9.5 out of a possible 10
Average Price Paid: $4.00
Discontinued? No

D148L0
12-24-04, 08:17 PM
One of this weekends, when the climate is better, IŽll go to make your 7am highway parade Sandy. And then we can have one of my cohibas. (They are legal in my country, IŽtaking some with me when I go back to the States).
I also very much enjoy the ones made by Hoyo de Monterrey and Romeo y Julieta.

Sandy
12-24-04, 09:35 PM
One of this weekends, when the climate is better, IŽll go to make your 7am highway parade Sandy. And then we can have one of my cohibas. (They are legal in my country, IŽtaking some with me when I go back to the States).
I also very much enjoy the ones made by Hoyo de Monterrey and Romeo y Julieta.
I had a couple of Cohibas, & to tell the truth, I didn;t think they were all THAT. Perhaps I was expecting too much... then again, I don't care for really strong and/or bitter cigars of ANY manufacturer.

DopeStar 156
12-25-04, 03:16 AM
My dad's got a tin of Havanna Honeys in our smoking room right now. Hmmm....*Scurries away*

klebrun
12-25-04, 03:34 AM
there is a chrysler imperial cigar ?

I suppose it comes in a wrapper so eleborately made that the goverment classifys it as a peice of jewlery ?

Been awhile since i had one .....my last was a Cuban , when i was overseas , given to me by a local who i had become freinds with ...

My Chrysler Fifth Ave smokes so much, I wouldn't be surprised if it was mistaken as a cigar.

davesdeville
12-25-04, 03:42 AM
My friends and I will get a 5 pack of Phillies honey blunts once in awhile. IMO much better than any of the other Phillies. A Swisher Sweet every once in a long while is good too. Can't say I've ever smoked an actual good cigar though.

evilrussian
12-25-04, 03:44 AM
I always liked Phillie Blunts and El Productos, only we modified them a little. Swapped inside with something else :hide: :shhh: I don't do that anymore, though :halo: Been stayin' clean for a while :)

evilrussian
12-25-04, 03:45 AM
My friends and I will get a 5 pack of Phillies honey blunts once in awhile. IMO much better than any of the other Phillies. A Swisher Sweet every once in a long while is good too. Can't say I've ever smoked an actual good cigar though.
Dang it! You posted that while I was typing, lol...
But, I'm not sure if you "modified' them too :hmm:

davesdeville
12-25-04, 04:29 AM
Modifying a blunt? Why, whatever do you mean? Nah we don't modify them, that's what glass is for.

americanbodybuilding
12-25-04, 07:47 AM
dude it really doesnt matter what im smokin as long as im creepin in my caddy when I'm doin it.
-Seth

Sandy
12-25-04, 01:50 PM
NEVER smoke in your Caddy!!
Never mind your lungs ...... think of your LEATHER upholstery :D

Stoneage_Caddy
12-26-04, 12:09 AM
NEVER smoke in your Caddy!!
Never mind your lungs ...... think of your LEATHER upholstery :D

AMEN !!!!!!

People laugh at me when they find out i wont smoke in my car ....They then realize the degree of my obsession with a clean car ....

RBraczyk
12-26-04, 12:14 AM
The last time I smoked in my caddy that Black and mild was just about out the window, or course that was before I hid it behind the B pillar after the Statey rolled up next to me...

Ralph
06-09-05, 08:55 PM
My buddy and I thoroughly enjoyed a couple of Corona "263's" this week. They are big-fat Canuck cigars stuffed with Cuban tobacco.

Also a few Cigerello "Aztec's" (Mexican) flavoured in vanilla, choc., cherry, etc. They are those thin ones like Clint Eastwood smoked in those spaghetti westerns.

powerglide
06-09-05, 09:13 PM
1-Cohiba
2-Montecristo

Any size....I don't care as long as they are real (not this Honduran knockoffs they sell here)

HotRodSaint
06-09-05, 09:14 PM
Did you guys know that is illegal for an American to buy a Cuban cigar, PERIOD!! :cop:

This extends to your overseas cocktail, smoking a Cohiba (Monte Cristo's are good too) in the swanky Geisha bar in Ginza with your client. :eek:

I heard that recently, and said woops!! :cookoo:

Next time, I'll let him do the buying and 'give' them to me! :sneaky:

Ralph
06-09-05, 09:16 PM
1-Cohiba
2-Montecristo

Any size....I don't care as long as they are real (not this Honduran knockoffs they sell here)

Monte Cristo's are what Govenor Arnold likes to smoke, supposedly his favorite, or one of....

powerglide
06-09-05, 09:19 PM
Did you guys know that is illegal for an American to buy a Cuban cigar, PERIOD!! :cop:

This extends to your overseas cocktail, smoking a Cohiba (Monte Cristo's are good too) in the swanky Geisha bar in Ginza with your client. :eek:

I heard that recently, and said woops!! :cookoo:

Next time, I'll let him do the buying and 'give' them to me! :sneaky:

Really? even if you are in a foreign coutry where its legal?

...mmmmmmm geisha bar in ginza :-)

HotRodSaint
06-09-05, 09:29 PM
Really? even if you are in a foreign coutry where its legal?

I was surprised when I heard that too!

I think I'm coming down with a Tokyo jones. :yup:

Rolex
06-09-05, 10:22 PM
1. Arturo Fuente Opus X

2. Punch

My humidor has dried out, & this thread makes me want to recondition it.

Msilva954
06-09-05, 10:34 PM
swisher sweet...wood lip...60 cents....nuff said ....lmao

RBraczyk
06-09-05, 10:46 PM
Lol, love people who love the cheap

Ralph
06-10-05, 12:40 AM
swisher sweet...wood lip...60 cents....nuff said ....lmao Ya, I like the Corona 263 "sweets" but I pay a minimum of $3.50 per...

The sweeter the better, just like women.

Ralph
06-10-05, 12:56 AM
My humidor has dried out, & this thread makes me want to recondition it.

Question........would cigars stay more fresh in the fridge?

I keep some 35 mm and 120 film in there as well as some batteries....I know it works for these.

davesdeville
06-10-05, 05:14 AM
I read in Maxim it kept cigarettes more "fresh."

Since this thread I smoked a Padron 5000 and it's now my favorite because of its redonkulousness, 56 ring size.

fast66
06-10-05, 06:34 AM
I like to smoke Romeo and Juliets I got a box of those in the humidor. THey are good for businesss too :)

Msilva954
06-10-05, 10:20 AM
http://www.swisher.com/images/SwisherSweets_Cigars.jpg
LMAO @ the OUTLAWS

D148L0
06-10-05, 11:42 AM

+1 !!

Rolex
06-10-05, 12:36 PM
Question........would cigars stay more fresh in the fridge?

I keep some 35 mm and 120 film in there as well as some batteries....I know it works for these.

In order for the oils in the cigar to fully mature you should not refridgerate them. I try to maintain a relative humidity of 70% and a constant temp of 70-75 degrees. When the oils in a cigar mature you'll get a nice white plume on the wrapper. Yummmm. I would imagine storing cigars in the fridge would 'suspend' them in their current state and technically make them last longer.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-10-05, 12:42 PM
man this really makes me want to get back on the idea of mine to build a humidor in the rear seat area in my car

Elvis
06-10-05, 01:03 PM
I'm celebrating my one-year anniversary of QUITTING TOBACCO all month long. I started by buying a new truck! Next I'm moving to a better country club.

radbag
06-10-05, 01:35 PM
Other than myself, are there any other cigar smokers on here ??
If so, name your #1 & #2 favorites.
ME
#1 Ashton Cabinet #1
#2 H. Upman Chrysler Imperial
#3. (Discontinued) Dunhill Canary Island Lonsdale

sandy -- haven't read the rest of the thread (intend to do so tho) but i love cigars...on the average, probably smoke about 7 a week...moreso in the summer than the winter.

have to say - asking for top 2 is unfair....so many faves, not to mention so many different cigars fit so many different occasions...because i smoke so much, and depending on the occasion, cost means something to me...here goes:

hoyo de monterrey robusto - great for a short smoke like walking the dog or something to have after you've had a heavy meal...good for 20 mins - 30 mins.

opus x reserve - best of the premium cigar class...great quality and always a white ash...heavy flavor and smoke warrant the price...great for special occasions and uninterupted smoke sessions like poker night, cigar bar, etc...would be a waste to smoke this type outdoors as to not capture the aromatic smell...runner up in this class excalibur no1 (and is 20 bucks cheaper!)

el rey del mundo - great for an outdoor smoke where the cigar isn't your main focus (driving the car, playing golf, etc) -- it's a hearty cigar, good leathery durable wrapper, and earthy taste so you're not having to drink/spit every time you take a blow.

partagas #2 - lets face it, if you're in a cigar bar, you want to smoke a name brand and don't want to embarrass yourself with a no-frills cigar...this smoke fits the bill without breaking the bank....great quality smoke, great name brand, slow burn!

zino - great gift cigars...come wrapped and humidified...mild and good for the non-enthusiast...the mrs likes this one cause the smell is fragrant, the taste is non-offensive and the packaging is keen :thumbsup:

* didn't mention any cubans cause quite frankly, don't like em...they burn inconsistently, they're harsh as hell and i don't like paying top dollar for something i can't verify authenticity...that said, i like the romeo & julieta and close second are the montecristos...smaller cigar guages

** to be honest, because i'm smoking a lot of em, it's tough to justify smoking a $10 cigar while you're mowing the lawn...that said, i REALLY recoomend checking out the JR CIGAR (http://www.jrcigars.com/) website...have been smoking these for about 5 years now...was real sceptical at first, but they really do a good job replicating the authentics at cheap prices ($2.00)...wouldn't smoke em if it wasn't so...check em out!

Rolex
06-10-05, 06:43 PM
man this really makes me want to get back on the idea of mine to build a humidor in the rear seat area in my car
That sounds like something right off of pimp my ride!! :cool:

Stoneage_Caddy
06-10-05, 06:56 PM
LOL ..ive seen it as a option in something years ago ...wish i could remeber what it was ....maybe it was the rolls royce cloud II...

derrty_deville
06-10-05, 07:45 PM
that is a damn good idea. still smokin swishers. tequila cigarillos and peach little cigars. ocasionally backwoods. good advice here. i check something out on a special ocassion ... like when i get paid

Ralph
06-10-05, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the fridge info on storage guys, now I'm really confused! :shhh: ;)

I won't get too many at a time....problem solved. :)

Brett
06-10-05, 11:59 PM
Speacking of customs...thats why the rest of the cubans had to stay , i didnt want to bring them back to the US ....

cuban people or cigars :suspect:

Stoneage_Caddy
06-11-05, 12:03 AM
well the trunks of these caddys are pretty big you know ...and i hate mowing my lawn ....

i thought ...you know ....

i could smoke some cigars while i mowed the lawn

for the next 10 years

Elvis
06-11-05, 12:08 AM
I've known quite a few Cubans. Really good, nice people.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-11-05, 12:12 AM
yup , they are elvis ....

buddy of mine where i used to work was cuban , his dad sold everything he had to get his wife and unborn son here so his son would have a good life

Elvis
06-11-05, 12:24 AM
I've heard the same stories. People left fortunes behind in the late 50's/early 60's to start over in America. These are well-educated, successful people, and they've done extremely well up here.

It's a beautiful country, too. That's the ONE foreign country I'd like to visit someday. When Castro croaks, we're going to have a huge party. That's why we'll never get out of Gitmo. We have to maintain a presence down there.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-11-05, 12:33 AM
im not sure castro will croak ..i think he is a evil soviet KGB robot hell bent on the destruction of cuban cigar industry...

Elvis
06-11-05, 12:49 AM
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/800/3cubanpete.jpg

They call me Cuban Pete
I'm the king of of rhumba beat
When I play the maracas I go chick-chicky boom chick-chicky boom
Yes sir, I'm Cuban Pete I'm the craze of my natives street
When I start to dance everything goes chick-chicky boom chick-chicky boom
The Senoritas they sing and how they swing with this sombrero
It's so very nice, so full of spice
And when they dance they bring a happy ring of vaqueros
Singing a song all day long
So if you like the beat take a lesson from Cuban Pete
And I'll teach you to chick-chicky boom chick-chicky boom chick-chicky boom
Si, Senorita I know that you will like the chicky boom chick
Cause it's the dance of latin romance
And Cuban Pete doesn't teach you in a hurry like Arthur Murray
I come from Havana and theres always manana so Senorita.... Oh no...

Msilva954
06-12-05, 12:47 AM
hmm...had a chocolate swisher yesterday....and felt like pure crap after smoking it...never smoke anything that tastes like fudge.

Ralph
06-12-05, 02:52 AM
hmm...had a chocolate swisher yesterday....and felt like pure crap after smoking it...never smoke anything that tastes like fudge.

The vanilla cigarello made me feel like crap yesterday! I also had that vanilla stench coming out of my pores for about 24 hours it seemed!

davesdeville
06-12-05, 09:19 AM
Never get chocolate flavored anything unless it's actual chocolate. Otherwise it will taste bad. I have learned from experiance.

Msilva954
06-12-05, 11:43 AM
The vanilla cigarello made me feel like crap yesterday! I also had that vanilla stench coming out of my pores for about 24 hours it seemed!

Im realizing that the strawberry flavords are the best

some days i can go for a black n mild too, it seems places dont stock swisher that much around here....just thinking of that fudgy cigar is gettin me sick now

Ralph
06-12-05, 05:34 PM
I have learned from experiance.

and now I have too, LOL.

Ralph
06-12-05, 05:35 PM
Im realizing that the strawberry flavords are the best

some days i can go for a black n mild too, it seems places dont stock swisher that much around here....just thinking of that fudgy cigar is gettin me sick now

No more flavoured ones for me! They probably use some sort of chemical to get that flavouring??

At least cigars have supposedly less carcinogens than any cigerette.

Elvis
06-12-05, 10:13 PM
At least cigars have supposedly less carcinogens than any cigerette.

I hope that's true, but I doubt it since they're not filtered.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-12-05, 10:34 PM
i dont belive there as "engineered" as a cigarette , i always looked at cigarettes as the labratory version of cigars ....the cigar is the pure form of the smoking tobacco , with just the basics and none of the tremendous ammount of crap that goes intot he cigarette to keep people additcted

Ralph
06-12-05, 10:45 PM
i dont belive there as "engineered" as a cigarette , i always looked at cigarettes as the labratory version of cigars ....the cigar is the pure form of the smoking tobacco , with just the basics and none of the tremendous ammount of crap that goes intot he cigarette to keep people additcted

I think you are correct!! Here is a little scan from an old university book of mine I kept because the health info is very interesting........look at the chemicals they add to cigerettes!!!

"Over 4,000 components in tobacco!!" Why would they need to add things like formaldehyde and various acids!!?? I remember the Professor mentioning that there are something like 400 added components to an unlit cig, but it turns to 4,000 when lit!

However, the next page of the book says the risk is lower for cigar and pipe smokers because they don't inhale, and you aren't supposed to with these. There are some bad things supposedly in cigar tobacco, but certainly not as much as cigerettes.

Elvis
06-12-05, 10:48 PM
...the risk is lower for cigar and pipe smokers because they don't inhale, and you aren't supposed to with these.

Whats the frigging POINT if you're not going to inhale?!?!?!?!?!?

:histeric: :banghead: :madtalkin :crying: :mad:

Ralph
06-12-05, 10:50 PM
Whats the frigging POINT if you're not going to inhale?!?!?!?!?!?

:histeric: :banghead: :madtalkin :crying: :mad:

The TASTE, man, TASTE. It leaves a nice aroma in your mouth for when the wife kisses you, kinda like an ashtray. :shhh: :p

Elvis
06-12-05, 10:53 PM
The TASTE, man, TASTE. It leaves a nice aroma in your mouth for when the wife kisses you, kinda like an ashtray. :shhh: :p

I was in it strictly for the buzz. And the regularity, if you know what I mean.

As for the aftertaste--when you DON'T smoke, and the wife DOES, it's a real problem. :(

Ralph
06-12-05, 10:58 PM
LOL! Make sure she doesn't buy you those cheap Bolivian cigars or wherever they were from. :shhh:

I would say that pipe smoking is the safest. It's filtered and the tobacco is more "pure," not from a cigerette, which will kill you quicker than a bullit. You could probably inhale with a pipe and not have the same risk to your health....

But how cool is it to smoke a pipe?? My Grandpa still smokes a pipe and he is 87 years old!!! I don't think Crockett on MV would have looked cool smoking a pipe. :D

Elvis
06-12-05, 11:14 PM
Bing Crosby did. Serious golfer too. You can't have Christmas without Bing.

Pipe smoking must be really cool then. :thumbsup:

Ralph
06-12-05, 11:16 PM
Pipe smoking must be really cool then. :thumbsup:

:histeric: Sure, 50 years ago maybe. :hmm:

I know a few professors who think it's PROPER for an educated man to smoke a pipe. Makes them look more dignified! As long as they don't wear a plad golfers outfit circa 1957 with the big baggy pants, it's ok I suppose. :helpless: :hide:

Stoneage_Caddy
06-12-05, 11:19 PM
screw crocket , its all about sherlock holmes ...hes the smooth pimp ...could you imagine his pickup lines ?

Sherlock walks up to a beatful woman -

Holmes "Excuse me im sorry to see your boyfreind has been unfaithful"
woman "Huh ? how do you know i have a boyfreind and how did you know about..."
Holmes " Well the small bruise on your right hand just below the index finger shows you have slapped someone a bit taller than you"
woman- "so"
Holmes - "and the lipstick on your right index finger was clearly not yours and must have come from the stain on his shirt"
Holmes - "not to mention the rip in your hose on your right leg from where you grion kneed him "

Elvis
06-12-05, 11:19 PM
http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/posterarthouse/t3stoogesgolf.jpg

Ralph
06-12-05, 11:38 PM
Lol!!!

Skuuter
06-17-05, 03:16 PM
Can't believe I've never noticed this subject before.....

Best cigars I've had, so far:

1. J.L. Salazar Y Hermanos Robusto (Special occasion cigar, full-bodied and a long smoke)
2. Indios Puros Robusto (my favorite daily, half as strong as a Punch Habana, but tastes much better)
3. Chevere Montecado Vanilla (very mildly flavored, very light bodied)
4. Mantequilla Double Corona EMS (like the name, buttery and smooth with a slight coffee flavor)

I stay away from anything Swisher makes. They are the junkiest cigars! They make Optimo Classicos, which are passable, but just.
My wife smokes those darn Phillies Chocolate cigarillos. Once in a while, I'll try one. Very chocolaty, but you can tell it's mostly paper and cheap tobacco.

davesdeville
06-17-05, 08:16 PM
Swishers and Phillies aren't exactly designed (or priced) to be a high quality cigar. You can't buy a quality 'gar from a gas station. I'll bet half of them end up like this anyway: First take a blunt, cut down the middle, why do I smoke blunts? 'Cause papers are too little. Fill it to capacity, lick em up and stick em up, dry it with your lighter then fire it up and take a puff.

powerglide
06-17-05, 09:47 PM
Swishers and Phillies aren't exactly designed (or priced) to be a high quality cigar. You can't buy a quality 'gar from a gas station. I'll bet half of them end up like this anyway: First take a blunt, cut down the middle, why do I smoke blunts? 'Cause papers are too little. Fill it to capacity, lick em up and stick em up, dry it with your lighter then fire it up and take a puff.

yeah...they might as well just start selling them pre-gutted....

RBraczyk
06-17-05, 10:06 PM
Lol, dave, have you ever heard of blunt wraps?

Anyways, picked myself up some Domaine Avo's from a local cigar shop, one for me and one for my friend for graduation. I won't be joining him in graduation, but I can at least celebrate it.

fast66
06-18-05, 12:45 AM

I agree. *cough*

Boombotz
06-18-05, 12:58 AM
yeah...they might as well just start selling them pre-gutted....

They do. As rolling papers. My friend owns a head shop and sells a bunch of them. I just wish I thought of it.

davesdeville
06-18-05, 07:34 AM
Rolling papers are the small white papers. Blunt wraps are the big brown ones... like True Blunts, endorsed by Warren G himself. Regulators! Mount up.

rb, were you supposed to graduate? I almost missed the cut in Algebra II, damn math. And I STILL haven't gotten my diploma yet.

RBraczyk
06-19-05, 02:37 AM
I ****ed up big time last year. I was supposed to be a grad of 2005, but due to screwing up and getting expelled, I was forced, against my will, to stay back. Sucks seeing all my friends go.

Ralph
06-19-05, 03:58 AM
I ****ed up big time last year. I was supposed to be a grad of 2005, but due to screwing up and getting expelled, I was forced, against my will, to stay back. Sucks seeing all my friends go.

Aw man!! You are so lucky! you get to stay back and meet the next batch of senior girls!!! I envy you! :thumbsup: That is actually a good thing. ;) I got a friend who is 30 but he looks 20, anyway he wants to upgrade a couple gr. 12 classes, so he wants to do it in HS! instead of taking it correspondence, LOL!

Lucky Dawg.