: Navgation system problem

mkhansa
12-21-12, 01:19 AM
Hello i have a 2008 cadillac escalade with factory navigation and my navigation is always lost on a different road then i would actually be driving or sometimes it be ahead on the street that i would be driving on. I have changed my gps antenna and still the same problem. What the next step i should take

the cadillac man
12-21-12, 02:05 AM
Hello i have a 2008 cadillac escalade with factory navigation and my navigation is always lost on a different road then i would actually be driving or sometimes it be ahead on the street that i would be driving on. I have changed my gps antenna and still the same problem. What the next step i should take

Have you tried setting the zone (I did it one time on mine and now I have forgot how to do it)

mkhansa
12-21-12, 06:58 AM
Hello, im not sure how to do that

MrHolland
12-21-12, 07:26 AM
Welcome to the forum. I moved your post to the proper section, 2007-current Escalade. Good luck with your issue, I'm sure someone will be able to provide you the answer you're looking for.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-21-12, 11:57 AM
Mkhansa, I recommend checking in with your dealership regarding your Navigation concerns! I would also be happy to check my resources to see if I can find any relevant information to share; please send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with the last eight of your VIN.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

hollingass
12-22-12, 10:46 AM
Go into config, check your coverage area, see what disc you have. Mine had the wrong disc in it when I got it, still worked but had some issues, new disc fixed it right up

mkhansa
12-22-12, 12:21 PM
Hey i have the first disc that came out on the escalade. If i change the disc would that fix the problem

hollingass
12-23-12, 11:51 AM
Hey i have the first disc that came out on the escalade. If i change the disc would that fix the problem

I was having some problems similar to yours as well as some others. When I went into Config, Nav, map info, all it showed was the part number, dealer determined this disc wasn't compatible with the Nav unit. They ordered a new one but it is on back order. I tried a buddies disc and it fixed all my problems, now the map info page shows a map of North America and the version and pn. Pm me

----------

Pm me

stogeman
01-07-13, 11:34 PM
I decided to go aftermarket right after I drove off the dealer lot