: Newbie.. Front shock clunking.. How do I torque center shock nut.. 2007 EXT

Ryan12
12-20-12, 03:51 PM
Hey, really hope someone can help me on this. There's a clunking from the front left wheel when I drive over bumps in the road. I read that it could be because the shock nut has come loose so I wanted to try and tighten it but it just spins and I can't figure out how to hold the rod while tightening. Also, the truck just passed the safety and was looked over by 2 different mechanics. The front right ball joint and tie rod was replaced. (All this before I knew about the clunking) My guess is either the shock is finished or it has come loose.. I found other threads on this topic but none that explained how to actually tighten the nut. Thanks in advance for any help.

Ryan

hrpatel17926
12-20-12, 08:03 PM
Ryan,

Are you sure your shocks are good? mine at 30k had to be replaced due to them leaking, they replaced both with new springs etc. The reason for this failure i am told is the factory shocks did not allow for over extension which pulled something inside and the leaks begin. FYI i had my rears replaced at 45K due to same issues. do you have standard shocks or road sensing.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-21-12, 11:11 AM
Ryan, I recommend going to your dealership for service on these concerns; that way the technicians can view the clunking firsthand and run diagnostic checks on the vehicle. I realize, however, that you may be specifically looking for DIY advice from forum owners; in that case, I'm glad to see the community already chiming in with feedback.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

roccos_van
12-22-12, 01:33 AM
Your shock is gone....I had the same issue...go for arnott replacements u wont be disappointed