: 2006 escalade service air ride control, C0660 level control exhaust valve malfunction

tonyova
12-20-12, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone

Started my truck, and got the message service air ride control, i noticed that the air suspension compressor wasn't turning on, and I know that part is expensive, so I brought it to my friend who hooked up the computer and got the code C0660 level control exhaust valve malfunction, cause I have a warrantee he replaced the air compressor which he ordered from GM which cost $800+ and labour as well, he billed it to warrantee company, thats Canadian dollars, and the OEM GM replacement from GM is now made in Japan however the original one is for USA which I would of preferred and was disappointed when I found out it was from Japan, I know Japan has quality stuff, however its no made in USA, which I would of wanted I guess GM now gets there compressors from JAPAN, Im glad I had a warrantee coverage cause total repair was $1,275 CDN, also when you started the truck the compressor didn't come on usually it does. This happened a few months ago

Tony

the cadillac man
12-20-12, 01:04 PM
Hi everyone

Started my truck, and got the message service air ride control, i noticed that the air suspension compressor wasn't turning on, and I know that part is expensive, so I brought it to my friend who hooked up the computer and got the code C0660 level control exhaust valve malfunction, cause I have a warrantee he replaced the air compressor which he ordered from GM which cost $800+ and labour as well, he billed it to warrantee company, thats Canadian dollars, and the OEM GM replacement from GM is now made in Japan however the original one is for USA which I would of preferred and was disappointed when I found out it was from Japan, I know Japan has quality stuff, however its no made in USA, which I would of wanted I guess GM now gets there compressors from JAPAN, Im glad I had a warrantee coverage cause total repair was $1,275 CDN, also when you started the truck the compressor didn't come on usually it does. This happened a few months ago

Tony

Try clearing the codes(FYI most stuff is made in Japan these days I felt the same way when I replaced the rear air control module

Delphi moved the manufacturing plants overseas since gm went in with Toyota (which sucks) that time to make the Pontiac vibe/Toyota matrix

tonyova
12-20-12, 01:52 PM
Hey Cadillac man, I replaced the air suspension compressor since it was still under warrantee, that solved the problem and service air ride code went away, thanks for sharing the info on delphi, i didn't know, at least its Japanese and not Chinese, nothing beats made in good ol USA or Canada

the cadillac man
12-20-12, 04:04 PM
Hey Cadillac man, I replaced the air suspension compressor since it was still under warrantee, that solved the problem and service air ride code went away, thanks for sharing the info on delphi, i didn't know, at least its Japanese and not Chinese, nothing beats made in good ol USA or Canada

True

wake
12-22-12, 08:40 AM
...at least its Japanese and not Chinese, nothing beats made in good ol USA or Canada

I'm actually shocked that it's not made in China, it's hard to find anything that isn't these days.

I replaced mine as well with an Arnott unit.

the cadillac man
12-22-12, 01:06 PM
I'm actually shocked that it's not made in China, it's hard to find anything that isn't these days.

I replaced mine as well with an Arnott unit.

Some stuff is and some stuff isn't it depends on where the company has the manufacturing plant