: Got snow?

orconn
12-20-12, 01:08 PM
Looks like we may have a white Chritmas! What's it like where you are?

iwannaracecar
12-20-12, 01:17 PM
Great lakes waiting for it to hit us. Should only see 3 inches though.

EcSTSatic
12-20-12, 01:25 PM
We got a winter storm last night. Lots of black ice. Made getting to work a PITA. Should be gone this afternoon

truckinman
12-20-12, 01:47 PM
Great lakes waiting for it to hit us. Should only see 3 inches though.

Suppose to see a couple inches by morning. What I'm more worried about, however, is it's raining right now and will keep raining until it's snow. So this wet stuff will all become ice right about when I start my night in the truck. That's never fun. I'm in middle of OH btw. Going to be in the very south west corner tonight in cinci, then driving up to the far north east corner in Youngstown. So I'll see every bit of what anyone in Ohio is expecting...

dkozloski
12-20-12, 03:17 PM
We got about another foot and a half last weekend so that makes it about three feet total on the ground. The temperature is -43F and headed for -60F tonight.

Ranger
12-20-12, 04:06 PM
Expecting about 5" (with 50-60 MPH winds) this evening and overnight. :annoyed:

iwannaracecar
12-20-12, 04:55 PM
What makes this the worst for me is everyone is leaving for Christmas leave tomorrow morning and guess who gets to ride back and forth to Milwaukee a few times!

Submariner409
12-20-12, 05:20 PM
Rain tonight and tomorrow, we (6 of us) work on our 0.5 mile dirt road/driveway over the weekend (aka "Pothole Heaven"), and sunny/45 for Christmas Day.

We'll send Ranger a new snow shovel..........:lildevil:

drewsdeville
12-20-12, 06:23 PM
We got ripped off over here. Nothing but rain so far, while Madison has well over a foot already.

Lame.

Jesda
12-20-12, 06:50 PM
Wet wintry mix crap, freezing temps, and 30mph winds throw it all in your face.

CTS4 V
12-20-12, 07:07 PM
Illinois is still setting a record every day for no snowfall yet this year.. Texas even had a flurry a while ago already, weird weather. The news was saying that we were supposed to get 3 inches today, and all it did was rain hard this afternoon.
I'm pretty sure that our place in door county has had more than a few inches of in the past few days.

talismandave
12-20-12, 09:17 PM
http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p519/davidpraedel/Cars%20Of%20My%20Life/2004%20Volvo%20C70/20121220_172325.jpg

Ranger
12-20-12, 09:47 PM
We'll send Ranger a new snow shovel..........:lildevil:
Ranger don't need no stinking snow shovel.

drewsdeville
12-20-12, 10:10 PM
http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p519/davidpraedel/temp/20121220_172325.jpg

Want :drool:

The-Dullahan
12-20-12, 10:27 PM
I have plenty of snow. It's been snowing since October...Sadly, that's in Pennsylvania and I am not there (But it's still mine)

Florida doesn't have snow. They suck.

Not sure what devilry that odd machine is. Do they not make shovels where you're from, Ranger?

However, we did have machines in PA for moving the snow too, but they were a little different. Here's mine.

http://graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/Main-Gallery-page/Transport-Shots/Train-Related/Train-Snow-Blower/117932133_5QrCS-L.jpg

(I seem to recall our own Jesda visiting The Holy Land and snapping a photo of this same machine)

ben.gators
12-21-12, 01:15 AM
No snow in Hawaii, but I am heading to California, then Arizona, and finally Nevada. I am hoping to see some snow while I am in California!

orconn
12-21-12, 01:22 AM
^^^ You kidding, right Ben!

ben.gators
12-21-12, 01:24 AM
I know, it is not very likely, but the probability of seeing some snow in California is higher than Hawaii and Arizona! So who knows, I can get lucky!

talismandave
12-21-12, 03:25 AM
Want :drool:

Hey...you kids, stop snowboarding on my Volvo!:wisdom:

Just woke up and it seems to be quieted down here. Winds seem mild and snow stopped. Listening to DVR of news @10 and officially in Madison was 14 in., but many areas on nw side where my folks live are 19.5 in.
Got our semi at work today and he couldn't back up hill to dock so we had to have him park at front door and unload by hand! 7 40' X 48" pallets stacked 6' to 8' high including 2 that the bottom were 50# bags of salt!

I ache in places I didn't know I even had.:noidea:

Closed at 5 PM and came home and went straight to bed!

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p519/davidpraedel/temp/20121220_105401.jpg

The-Dullahan
12-21-12, 06:19 AM
No snow in Hawaii, but I am heading to California, then Arizona, and finally Nevada. I am hoping to see some snow while I am in California!

Plenty of snow in Nevada. Just come up to the mountains.

vincentm
12-21-12, 09:51 AM
I know, it is not very likely, but the probability of seeing some snow in California is higher than Hawaii and Arizona! So who knows, I can get lucky!

Flagstaff AZ has snow, two and a half hr trip from tempe. In cali if youre up north, just go to kyburz pass youll get more than you can handle

thebigjimsho
12-21-12, 10:56 AM
Started snowing last night and I got excited. Now its raining like crazy with high winds. Didn't realize it was April.

p00p

Submariner409
12-21-12, 11:10 AM
1.5" of rain last night, 39 degrees, blowing like stink and raw. Woodstove up and running, fresh coffee. Hope you guys in the Midwest made out OK. Looked nasty on the news.

----------

Not sure what devilry that odd machine is. Do they not make shovels where you're from, Ranger?

That is an original railroad track snow blower. There's still one in operation in the mountains of W. Maryland.

The-Dullahan
12-21-12, 11:14 AM
I know what it is. I used to see it every couple days, at least.

talismandave
12-22-12, 12:35 AM
Ended up with 19 inches where I live. A little NE of me they got 20 the high mark of the storm. All calm now wind died down and everything is cleared. Still drifting problems in the country I guess. Had to spells of thunder snow. The one at night was really cool to watch, lightning and huge flakes, beautiful.

Lit a cigar, filled a snifter, killed the lights, and played Mannhiem Steamroller. Merry Christmas for a while.:D

The-Dullahan
12-22-12, 04:26 AM
The kids showed me that on their future-phones, The Weather Channel feature says it will snow here.

I highly doubt this.

truckinman
12-22-12, 04:31 AM
Got some decent snow in Columbus. They day I buy the 4wd Rav4 we got to test it out. Not bad. MUCH better than my rear drive STS. Lol

Ranger
12-22-12, 11:50 AM
What a difference 85 miles can make. 19" in Madison Wisc. About 1" here in Woodstock Ill.

Aron9000
12-22-12, 07:59 PM
No snow, but the wind here was blowing a steady 25-30mph on Thursday with gusts up to 50. At work it was quite comical to watch people walk in the alley between the two buildings, wind blows like crazy through that canyon. Watched a construction worker get his hard had blown off and chase it for 30 feet lol Temps went WAY down, was 70 degrees all last week, now its more like 40-45 the past couple days.

dkozloski
12-22-12, 09:11 PM
It's still forty below here with ice fog.

The-Dullahan
12-22-12, 09:24 PM
^This sounds beautiful :cloud9:

The-Dullahan
12-23-12, 03:32 AM
Presently, there is a layer of frost on the cars right now, just thick enough to require scraping or melting to remove. The Cadillac has the most, because the vinyl top is perfect for it (Being thicker in the areas beneath it where the rollcage is, as water always condenses heaviest on these lines) and the Pontiac, still being too warm from this evening's activities is only just getting a little fogged up with the standard Florida humidity.

ThumperPup
12-23-12, 10:47 AM
OMG first year in 33 winters that i haven't have to shuvle the snow to get to my car wow i haven't even seen snow since Feb last year

truckinman
12-23-12, 11:37 AM
we got a fairly good amount of it for a first snow fall on friday. enough to make the roads get pretty damn slick. lol

EChas3
12-23-12, 07:59 PM
It's looking like a white Christmas here!

truckinman
12-23-12, 08:12 PM
It's looking like a white Christmas here!

I wish I could say the same. Mostly gone now here. Been high 30s and sunny all day

orconn
12-24-12, 03:08 PM
The sky is covered by thick grey clouds, it is raining intermittently and here on our hill top west of Richmond the temperature id 36 degrees F. It is conceivable we may get some flurries of snow, but highly unlikely it will accumulate to make a "white Christmas."

vincentm
12-25-12, 07:26 PM
Woke up to this crap, at least i ran out in time to cover the Caddy, before she gets buried in

http://i48.tinypic.com/2m5xwsj.jpg

Stingroo
12-25-12, 07:46 PM
Got snow?

LOLNOPE.

:coffee:

truckinman
12-25-12, 08:43 PM
We are under a blizzard warning actually. And I've gotta go out in the semi tonight into tomorrow. Not gonna be fun. But looks like I bought that 4wd Toyota just in time!

vincentm
12-25-12, 09:10 PM
Got snow?

LOLNOPE.

:coffee:

Lol, screw you

Stingroo
12-25-12, 09:53 PM
brb, Off to go frolic in the 65 degree comfort zone.

vincentm
12-25-12, 10:31 PM
brb, Off to go frolic in the 65 degree comfort zone.

Hope a gator bites the wagon's tire and pops it

Ranger
12-25-12, 10:39 PM
Woke up to this crap, at least i ran out in time to cover the Caddy, before she gets buried in

http://i48.tinypic.com/2m5xwsj.jpg
That ain't snow. That's a heavy frost.

orconn
12-25-12, 10:48 PM
Warmed up over night and we got a "White Christmas" of sorts. Fog, very heavy zero visibility fog! Fortunately it had begun to burn off before we were due to depart for my son's home for a late Christmas morning gift giving!

vincentm
12-25-12, 11:55 PM
That ain't snow. That's a heavy frost.

It still coming down, hasnt stopped.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-26-12, 12:15 AM
And Alabama gets slammed with a series of tornados. Wow.

thebigjimsho
12-26-12, 01:32 AM
Had a dusting this morning. Maybe enough to make the little weasels happy. Rained away and then cleared this afternoon.

We're supposed to get 4-8" tomorrow night into Thursday. Hopefully. But I'll have to finally get two new tires on the Town Car. I'll do that tomorrow...

V-swagon
12-26-12, 01:45 AM
Expecting anywhere from 6-10 inches by Wed night. The V is in the garage.

truckinman
12-26-12, 01:49 AM
Expecting anywhere from 6-10 inches by Wed night. The V is in the garage.

What part of Ohio you in? My folks live north of Dayton and expect same. My Sis lives in NE Ohio and is expecting 20 inches. Here in columbus I'm herring 6-12

thebigjimsho
12-26-12, 02:24 AM
Lol, screw you

You need to either move or shut up.

Honestly, I get sick of people who live in snowy climates who let boogers who live in southern climates get under their skin. If you don't like the snow or cold, leave. If you do, defend yourself. These people who think that being warm all year long is the only way to live are delusional.

I love New England. We get winter wonderlands and sweaters and cozy fires. The spring brings such vitality and life and beauty from the sleep of winter. The summer is just enough of the heat and beach weather and kids home from school. And the fall is awesome with amazing colors, my favorite cool and crisp air and everyone having fun outdoors.

In Florida, the heat is oppressive and sticky much of that time. And the time that it isn't, the days aren't much longer than where its cold. So it doesn't feel like paradise. As for southern CA or Arizona, meh.

But, hey, if you want to make those goobers feel like they've got it all, keep letting them get under your skin. I would not trade my perfect New England weather for anywhere else...

The-Dullahan
12-26-12, 03:14 AM
In a perfect world, it could snow any day and the months would pass to see only autumn and winter, eternally.

I hear Greenland is nice. As for the warmer climates, I believe I could live in the desert, if I found one rural enough, but only if it were they type you see in North America with frost in the winter and colder weather at night. The heat does not really bother me, though I prefer my weather sub-freezing. It's the sun that gets to you. Even in Florida, it takes only a couple minutes to burn me and during the day, it is blindingly bright outside which makes it difficult to function. I could never work in that brightness and would probably go blind or at least begin to lose my vision if I were subjected to it every day. Another reason I am up for the hours the sun is not.

vincentm
12-26-12, 04:10 AM

It was sarcasm, get over yourself.

thebigjimsho
12-26-12, 11:52 AM
It was sarcasm, get over yourself.

And, the predictable response...

gdwriter
12-26-12, 12:36 PM
And Alabama gets slammed with a series of tornados. Wow.Yes, it was fun spending part of Christmas evening in the pantry with my Dad and the cat when the sirens went off. Not. Cold front came through behind the storms, so I doubt we'll get a repeat performance tonight, and I go home tomorrow.

V-swagon
12-26-12, 12:47 PM
What part of Ohio you in? My folks live north of Dayton and expect same. My Sis lives in NE Ohio and is expecting 20 inches. Here in columbus I'm herring 6-12

I live in Dayton. It's really crappy out. I heard thunder while shoveling a path around my car.

Stingroo
12-26-12, 01:03 PM

Honestly, I get sick of people who live in snowy climates who let boogers who live in southern climates get under their skin. If you don't like the snow or cold, leave. If you do, defend yourself. These people who think that being warm all year long is the only way to live are delusional.

I love New England. We get winter wonderlands and sweaters and cozy fires. The spring brings such vitality and life and beauty from the sleep of winter. The summer is just enough of the heat and beach weather and kids home from school. And the fall is awesome with amazing colors, my favorite cool and crisp air and everyone having fun outdoors.

In Florida, the heat is oppressive and sticky much of that time. And the time that it isn't, the days aren't much longer than where its cold. So it doesn't feel like paradise. As for southern CA or Arizona, meh.

But, hey, if you want to make those goobers feel like they've got it all, keep letting them get under your skin. I would not trade my perfect New England weather for anywhere else...

Eh. I'm not delusional. I've lived in both. I never want to go back to one.

Different strokes for different folks.

vincentm
12-26-12, 01:14 PM
And, the predictable response...

My apologies, oh great internet god

thebigjimsho
12-26-12, 01:56 PM
Again, I figured you would take offense.

truckinman
12-26-12, 02:05 PM
I live in Dayton. It's really crappy out. I heard thunder while shoveling a path around my car.

Gotcha. I was born and raised in piqua. That's where my folks are now.

I'm stuck around Cleveland in the semi. Just hope by tonight I can get back on the roads..

V-swagon
12-26-12, 03:05 PM
Gotcha. I was born and raised in piqua. That's where my folks are now.

I'm stuck around Cleveland in the semi. Just hope by tonight I can get back on the roads..

That's cool. I've been in Dayton all my life. I hope you have a safe trip. The roads are nasty.

thebigjimsho
12-27-12, 02:14 PM
Got 3-4" that got watered down to about 2"...