: Am I supposed to have TPMS sensors?

Four Fins
12-19-12, 10:28 PM
I bought my 2006 STS V6 base model with aftermarket 22's already on the car. I've never seen a Tire pressure warning light or ever had any issues (yet). How do I know if my car had this feature? Would the light be on permanently? I just bought some new wheels that have TPMS sensors installed (not sure from which car) but I don't want to put them on then suddenly have issues with a TPMS light. Any advice or help is appreciated.

curtc
12-19-12, 10:46 PM
Scroll through your information items...if you see tire pressure read outs from each wheel you have it, if not, you don't.

Four Fins
12-19-12, 11:04 PM
Ok, so it's possible I don't have it. I don't see anything. I guess I assumed that all 06 STS had it and for some reason I wasnt seeing something.

EChas3
12-19-12, 11:24 PM
What year did TPMS become a requirement?

I thought it was standard. Maybe someone found a way to turn it off?!?

ddalder
12-19-12, 11:32 PM
Look at the Service Parts Identification label located on the underside of your spare tire cover. If you have a code "UJ6" or "UH3" you are supposed to have TPMS.

AllWheelEric
12-20-12, 12:50 AM
What year did TPMS become a requirement?

I thought it was standard. Maybe someone found a way to turn it off?!?
It was not standard in 05-06. Not sure exactly when it became mandatory.

carter's_sts
12-20-12, 01:46 AM
Pretty sure it was 2008 when the government required it (prompted by the Ford Explorer / Firestone fiasco).

truckinman
12-20-12, 04:53 AM
I've gotta base model as well and dont have it. It isnt a standard item for my 05 or your 06 model

----------

I had that system in my jeep n miss it. Even gave me my spare tire pressure.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-20-12, 01:23 PM
Four Fins, I just wanted to let you know that I'd be happy to check my resources to see if I can confirm any of your STS questions. Please email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I can research for you! Including the last eight in your VIN would be very helpful.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Four Fins
12-20-12, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the info everybody!