: WOT equivalent

bigpoppa0508
12-19-12, 10:10 PM
I'm a deville owner and I know with our northstars we can "wot" but for an escalade what would you do? It's just hesitant to pick up speed on the highway.

From what I know it's a 2000 escalade with a new tranny.

It for my buddy. He just got this car for his mom for Christmas.

Also, Happy holidays everyone!!!

the cadillac man
12-19-12, 10:23 PM
I'm a deville owner and I know with our northstars we can "wot" but for an escalade what would you do? It's just hesitant to pick up speed on the highway.

Clean the throttle body also the fuel filter may need replacing

Black88GTA
12-20-12, 12:15 AM

Are you sure it's not behaving normally? It's a 12 year old, giant heavy brick with the aerodynamics of a small house. Your DeVille is like a Corvette in comparison. Acceleration will be adequate, but nowhere near what you'd expect from a car with a similar engine in it. If you can, drive a couple others to get a feel for what is normal and what isn't. In the event you've already driven something similar and it's still not up to par, then disregard.

jnrsesv
12-20-12, 06:57 AM
Could be in need of a tune up?

Pull a spark plug or 2 out and check the condition. Agreed fuel filter, TB cleaning, air filter etc... may need to be replaced.