: 2006 escalade P0455 and P0442

tonyova
12-19-12, 09:43 AM
Hey Guys

I had a tighten gas cap error come up on my dash, with the engine light came on as well, got a friend to check it with his computer and P0442
evaporative emissions small leak detected and P0455 large leak detected as well, first off, the engine light came on, brought to my friend who is a mechanic and he put the computer to it and showed the error, he reset it for me and service engine light came off, then few weeks later came
back on. He replaced evap vent solenoid and that fixed the problem, the vent solenoid was stuck open was the cause. so dont waste your money on gas caps just get the vent solenoid replaced that is the problem. 2006 escalade.

hope this helps
Tony

yamla_jatt806
12-19-12, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the info. I already wasted money on a new gas cap and the lights comes and goes still with same codes as you.

tonyova
12-19-12, 12:26 PM
my friend did a smoke test and found out that the evap vent solenoid was stuck open allowing the gas vapour fumes to constantly escape thus the error message tighten gas cap,,,,, usually it is closed and the vapours go into your engine, keep me posted

jnrsesv
12-19-12, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up Tony. Glad to hear that it was a cheap easy fix.

BillysBowties
12-22-12, 01:25 AM
can anyone tell me where this evap vent solenoid is located, I have the same problem. thanks in advance

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-24-12, 09:30 AM
Tony, thank you for sharing your experience!

BillysBowties, I recommend getting in touch with your dealer to see what technical information they're able to provide for you regarding your solenoid. If you would like any further assistance working with your dealer, don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

BizCzar
08-22-13, 05:54 PM
Hey Guys

I had a tighten gas cap error come up on my dash, with the engine light came on as well, got a friend to check it with his computer and P0442
evaporative emissions small leak detected and P0455 large leak detected as well, first off, the engine light came on, brought to my friend who is a mechanic and he put the computer to it and showed the error, he reset it for me and service engine light came off, then few weeks later came
back on. He replaced evap vent solenoid and that fixed the problem, the vent solenoid was stuck open was the cause. so dont waste your money on gas caps just get the vent solenoid replaced that is the problem. 2006 escalade.

hope this helps
Tony

Thanx Tony, I'm experiencing the same problem. I'll try the evap vent solenoid fix you suggested.