: 2013 SRX Brake vs Accelerator

sirdan
12-19-12, 07:17 AM
Hi All- I have 2013 SRX and I noticed that the Brake is MUCH higher than the Accelerator. When I try to brake, I hit the side of the break pad. So I have to almost lift my feet up and turn, then press the brake pad...
I wonder if this is the correct design??? I test drove other Cadillac models and they all have even or SLIGHTLY different...but my SRX has a great difference in BRAKE PAD vs ACCELERATOR. any comments? Thank you in advance.

-new Cadillac owner.

TheCaptain
12-19-12, 07:35 AM
Did you use your brake adjustment knob on the lower right side of the steering coloumn (where a normal ignition switch would be). Adjust this back and forth with your seating position and get back to us. Having one SRX with a different brake pedal height is wierd.

Marc NY
12-19-12, 08:50 AM
I agree with TheCaptian... perhaps someone played around with the "Pedal Height" adjustment switch and moved your pedals up and may have never lowered them back down to the proper position that would be best for you??

BriggZ
12-19-12, 02:46 PM
Hi All- I have 2013 SRX and I noticed that the Brake is MUCH higher than the Accelerator. When I try to brake, I hit the side of the break pad. So I have to almost lift my feet up and turn, then press the brake pad...
I wonder if this is the correct design??? I test drove other Cadillac models and they all have even or SLIGHTLY different...but my SRX has a great difference in BRAKE PAD vs ACCELERATOR. any comments? Thank you in advance.

-new Cadillac owner.

Hello sirdan....welcome to the forum.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this. I also have a 10 CTS Lux and when I drove my 12 SRX for the first time I made a comment to the salesman about the brake being higher than the accelerator. He made the same comment as the last two responders.....adjust the pedals. That doesn't change the height between the brake and accelerator. It just moves them in unison. My CTS dies not have this feature so I wonder if that's the difference. It's something I've learned to live with but it is strange that there is a difference.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-19-12, 05:02 PM
Sirdan, welcome to the forum! I see TheCaptain and Marc bring up very good points about the pedal adjustment. Have you tried using the brake pedal adjustment switch to adjust the pedal to suit you? For helpful information on that topic, see page 1-12 and the "Adjustable Throttle and Brake Pedal" section on page 9‑22 of your owners manual.

I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you would like me to investigate further for you.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

st4422
12-19-12, 07:06 PM
This may be an effort to reduce unintended acceleration complaints. Have there been many on Cadillac or GM vehicles? I know its easy to get my foot on the brake pedal and the accelerator at the same time in some other vehicles. Big feet can be a curse. :banghead:

sirdan
12-28-12, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the reply everyone. The adjustment on the side of the wheel adjust BOTH of the brake and acc. I dont have problem with that. I have an issue with my Brake being MUCH higher than the Accelerator. Its hard to brake because I always have to move my whole feet instead of just piovt-ing off my ankle like im used to on ALL other cars. Any possible way to adjust just the height of the brake paddle?