: Fiances car is a bad omen

truckinman
12-19-12, 03:50 AM
Yesterday she was at the mall in her Saturn ion3, waiting for someone to back out of a spot. Well, directly next to her a lady in a van begins backing out with absolutely no regard to Chrissy's presence. She honked her horn, yet the lady still hit the side of her car, crushing the drivers mirror housing and glass.

First of all, if I were there and heard the comment this lady said to Chrissy, I would have flipped out on this person bc I have no tolerance for sheer ignorance. She gets out of her van and says "didn't you see my backing up?". Chrissy was to nice about it. I would have informed her its not my responsibility to watch out for her. She was the one backing into oncoming traffic, its her responsibility to make sure there's no obstructions keeping her from continuing in the desired direction of travel.

But, anyways, Chrissy got her insurance Info and what we THOUGHT was her phone #. Chrissy told her she would have it looked at and if the repair was less than her deductible, they could settle it "under the table" with no involvement of ins companies.

I went with her to a body shop to get an estimate. Only 177 dollars. Well below deductible. She calls her, no answer. Leave a voicemail. All day, no call back.

As I told Chrissy, we've got her ins info (she saw the actual card which was expired btw, but lady said her ins is up to date) so I told her if she doesn't call back we can go above her to her ins and talk to them. We just don't want her ins company to drag ours into all this.

Bottom line, I HATE low lifes. It was almost my Cadillac tho. When I went to the gym, I took her car so I could put air into a very low (2 psi) tire. I told her if I wasn't back by when she needed to leave to take my car. I got just 5 minutes before she left. Lol. Close call.

After the wedding I'm probably just going to get her a new car anyway. We've been looking around. She really wants a 2011 or so Toyota Rav 4 limited. So prob trade her Saturn in one one around April or may.

MrHolland
12-19-12, 06:17 AM
This is unfortunate, sorry to hear... I was riding with a friend once and he got rear-ended. The person in the offending car said why'd you stop?

truckinman
12-19-12, 06:20 AM
This is unfortunate, sorry to hear... I was riding with a friend once and he got rear-ended. The person in the offending car said why'd you stop?

Lol. Ahhh the things idiots will say....

Jesda
12-19-12, 06:38 AM
Pricks

EcSTSatic
12-19-12, 09:43 AM
Her insurance company could find her. With that attitude, I'd pursue this, just on principle.

truckinman
12-19-12, 10:19 AM
Her insurance company could find her. With that attitude, I'd pursue this, just on principle.

That's what I told her. But she said she may not go thru all that if she doesn't call. Bc she can still KINDA sew out of her mirror. But a quarter of the glass is gone and half of what's left is cracked all to hell. I wouldn't let her get away with it.

The-Dullahan
12-19-12, 11:07 AM

Could be worse. I know a guy who got rearended in his truck at a light. The thing is, the car behind him was already stopped. Then, when the light turned green they floored it, smacked into his car and blamed him for "not moving fast enough"

They settled under the table when she called her husband who brought a very suspicious amount of cash and handed him $5k on the spot. Seems they REALLY didn't want the police involved.

I understand your woe, Truckinman. Not sure that constitues the term "bad omen" but I can see how you feel. If that had happened to me, someone would see how my car can become a Bringer Of Woe and they would very quickly begin to have a very, very bad day.

truckinman
12-19-12, 11:58 AM
Could be worse. I know a guy who got rearended in his truck at a light. The thing is, the car behind him was already stopped. Then, when the light turned green they floored it, smacked into his car and blamed him for "not moving fast enough"

They settled under the table when she called her husband who brought a very suspicious amount of cash and handed him $5k on the spot. Seems they REALLY didn't want the police involved.

I understand your woe, Truckinman. Not sure that constitues the term "bad omen" but I can see how you feel. If that had happened to me, someone would see how my car can become a Bringer Of Woe and they would very quickly begin to have a very, very bad day.

I just call it a bad omen bc this is the 4th "accident" it's been in in the past 6 months. First someone rear ended here ever so gently. Then she was driving thru our complex and someone pulled outa their space right in front of her so she swerved and hit a large boulder on the side of the grass. Then I hit the coyote with it. Then this. Lol. Maybe "cursed" is a better term. Lol

Sevillian273
12-19-12, 08:07 PM
Though not car related, the ignorance of your story reminds me of one of my neighbors, who's chihuahua ran out of her yard into the street and attacked my lab. I broke them up and told her she's got to tie him up. Her reply? "Well don't walk him down the f**kin street!"

Ever hear something so stupid, you cant even speak? I have to give her credit... she mentally tazed me. It only gets worse out there on the roads... Looks like you're gonna have to eat this one.

ben.gators
12-19-12, 08:22 PM
^
Next time don't break them up and let your lab take care of the problem!

----------

After the wedding I'm probably just going to get her a new car anyway. We've been looking around. She really wants a 2011 or so Toyota Rav 4 limited. So prob trade her Saturn in one one around April or may.

With so many ignorant people around, I would keep the old car for mall shopping, etc. I myself can not afford, mostly mentally, to drive a new, shiny, and expensive car around the town!

orconn
12-19-12, 08:31 PM
There is something to be said for an everyday beater. I know many who could certainly afford to drive a better looking car daily but choose to let the hoy paloy reek havock on their old beater, all the while saving tons in depreciation!

An old Indian proverb says "He he sends his good meat to marketplace ends up with the shit of the tiger!"

Aron9000
12-20-12, 02:37 AM
I'd call that bitch's insurance just out of principle, hope they jack her rate up for being a bitch.

truckinman
12-20-12, 02:55 AM
I guess she called back yesterday and said she just wants her insurance company to take care of it. Said she's got accident forgiveness so she says her rates won't be effected. So at least it looks as tho we are getting it taken care of. Just gonna be more hoops to jump thru for a 30 minute job than just doing this under the table.

rodnok01
12-20-12, 11:10 PM
Got hit by a drunk years ago... he said we backed into him at a stop light. It was hard enough to destroy two cars. Classic... Been hit 3 times by no insurance/lying f***ers & hit and runners, I feel your pain truckinman.

Koooop
12-21-12, 12:54 AM
Get the cash and apply it to the optional V6 in the Rav 4, that way you won't have to turn in your man card.

truckinman
12-21-12, 03:02 AM
Get the cash and apply it to the optional V6 in the Rav 4, that way you won't have to turn in your man card.

Lol. The Rav 4 I looked at had the V6. Same 268 hp v6 as what my folks have in their Avalon. But essentially, fuel mileage is a big factor for her. And the price of the Rav was to high bc it didnt already have a factory warranty. It was expired in that. So it would have been additional for a warranty. But the car I did get her has the factory 100k/10 year powertrain warranty with only 22k on the clock. Lol. So much better value all in all. I really wanted the Rav for it's 4wd. Lol. But hopefully by this time next year I'll have an older jeep again.