: Traction control/ stabilitrak off

ITALYNSTALYN
12-18-12, 09:05 PM
Can anyone explain to me what happens on a cts coupe awd when I push the antislip button. It sais traction off but stabilitrak stays on? What's the difference between the 2?
Also it could also say competitive mode??? What's that?

Michael_atDell
12-19-12, 09:45 AM
Traction control keeps your tires from spinning; i.e. burning out, StabiliTrak keeps your car from getting sideways; i.e. drifting...

Competitive mode lowers the control to 80% (I believe), you can put it in Competitive mode by pressing the button twice quickly. You can also turn the control completely off by holding the button until it displays off in the DIC...

gohawks63
12-20-12, 08:59 PM
Traction control keeps your tires from spinning; i.e. burning out, StabiliTrak keeps your car from getting sideways; i.e. drifting...

Competitive mode lowers the control to 80% (I believe), you can put it in Competitive mode by pressing the button twice quickly. You can also turn the control completely off by holding the button until it displays off in the DIC...

According to the manual the steering also firms up.

shmiddy
12-23-12, 12:50 PM

THANK YOU!
We had our first snowstorm and i was trying to have fun with the car, but impossible just tapping once or double tapping, never thought to hold the button for 5 seconds.
SO much more fun lol

ITALYNSTALYN
12-23-12, 02:21 PM
Is your cts Awd?

If so do you think by holding button down 5 sec it uses ony the rear ?

gohawks63
12-23-12, 04:22 PM
Is your cts Awd?

If so do you think by holding button down 5 sec it uses ony the rear ?

No. The only time the AWD will be disabled is if there is a malfunction. You can't switch it off.

The Stabilitrak button only controls the Stability control, traction control, and according to the manual, firms up the steering.

ITALYNSTALYN
12-23-12, 05:53 PM
Do you know if the AWD is full time or only when car is slipping?

shmiddy
12-23-12, 06:24 PM
My CTS is RWD only

gohawks63
12-23-12, 06:45 PM
Do you know if the AWD is full time or only when car is slipping?

Full time with a rear wheel drive bias.

ITALYNSTALYN
12-23-12, 08:29 PM
Rear wheel drive bias ??......

bronik90
12-23-12, 09:31 PM

gohawks63
12-23-12, 09:58 PM

The powertrain sends more torque (power) to the rear wheels. I don't remember exactly what the split was. Something like 60% to the rear and 40% to the front. Front wheel drive based cars are usually the other way around. Usually 70% front and 30% rear.

ITALYNSTALYN
12-23-12, 10:09 PM
That's great performance wise. The dealer told me that cts coupes with awd are rwd until slippage occurs...

gohawks63
12-23-12, 11:21 PM
That's great performance wise. The dealer told me that cts coupes with awd are rwd until slippage occurs...

According to this thread, which allegedly had input from a GM engineer, the torque split if 25/75 front/rear during steadily state driving, but it can transfer 100% torque to the front wheels if the rear wheels are slipping.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/149503-awd-system-information.html

----------

Another...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/116084-some-questions-about-awd.html