: Catalytic Converter Failure - 90k - Goodwill Warranty???

curtc
12-18-12, 07:57 PM
My 06 STS just threw P0430 at me today along with that ever so wonderful CEL, catalytic converter failure at 90k, 10k out of the federally mandated 8 yr/80k emissions warranty period.

What are my chances of getting this covered under a goodwill warranty?

Thanks!

Curtis Cornelison

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-19-12, 11:53 AM
My 06 STS just threw P0430 at me today along with that ever so wonderful CEL, catalytic converter failure at 90k, 10k out of the federally mandated 8 yr/80k emissions warranty period.

What are my chances of getting this covered under a goodwill warranty?

Thanks!

Curtis Cornelison

Sorry to hear about the failure or you catalytic converter. The dealership where you normally service your vehicle would be the best source to see if anything can be done for you. We would be happy to check with them as well. Given the parameters, assistance can not be guaranteed. If you would like it investigated, please send an e-mail to Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with your VIN#, name, situation, home address, contact information, and dealership preference. I hope all concerns are resolved quickly for you.

Matt, (Assisting Katie)

Cadillac Customer Assistance

curtc
12-19-12, 07:10 PM
I spoke to my preferred dealer (Apple Chevrolet Buick Northfield, MN) today...Since the code has yet to come back we're going to just play it be ear. He said he would run the goodwill warranty request by the Service Manager and see what he says. Said that there was a possibility of GM covering a portion of the cost, but couldn't guarantee anything which I expected.

I'll keep you posted, thanks Matt!

Curtis

arash
12-20-12, 11:16 AM
Sorry to hear about the failure or you catalytic converter. The dealership where you normally service your vehicle would be the best source to see if anything can be done for you. We would be happy to check with them as well. Given the parameters, assistance can not be guaranteed. If you would like it investigated, please send an e-mail to Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with your VIN#, name, situation, home address, contact information, and dealership preference. I hope all concerns are resolved quickly for you.

Matt, (Assisting Katie)

Cadillac Customer Assistance

How to I fix a 1988 Cadillac heater .. The dash is working fine

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-20-12, 01:48 PM
Arash, we as Customer Representatives unfortunately are not able to provide much in the way of Do-It-Yourself information. So, I recommend getting in touch with your Cadillac dealership's service department to see what information they can access for you. If you ever need assistance locating the dealers near you, don't hesitate to let me know.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service