: Urpa sensors

soulsea
12-18-12, 12:22 AM
I'm guessing put the truck in reverse, put parking brake on, open liftgate, sit in trunk, and run your hand over each sensor?
Or the same but just walk in front on each sensor, but this approach obviously destroys all comedic value. http://gobig12.net/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/Shrug-smiley5.gif

Tlebaron1
12-18-12, 12:24 AM
I apologize in advance I'm sure this topic has been discussed, how do you test the urpa sensors to determine which one is bad ? I have 3 of them in bumper

the cadillac man
12-18-12, 12:47 AM
I apologize in advance I'm sure this topic has been discussed, how do you test the urpa sensors to determine which one is bad ? I have 3 of them in bumper

Ok there should be four that is if you are talking about the escalade but depending on which version it is will depend on which body style it is
standard body style the module is under the right second row seat not sure where it is at on the others
Also there is a jumper close to the module that puts the system in test mode when you put the truck in reverse(engine off)

Tlebaron1
12-18-12, 09:37 PM
Your right my ext has 4 sensors ,so after I put the test mode what am looking for?? Or is it explanatory , I will check it out this weekend thank in advance

the cadillac man
12-18-12, 11:46 PM
Your right my ext has 4 sensors ,so after I put the test mode what am looking for?? Or is it explanatory , I will check it out this weekend thank in advance

Ok before you do this look for a little black box that has Bosch on it there should be a couple harnesses coming out of it

The smaller one(with two wires)is the one you need get a small piece of wire(or a paper clip) and put it in both spots on the harness

Then turn the key to run(engine NOT running) put the truck in reverse (heads up it will flash the two outside lights then the codes then the two outside lights at the end) do this and report back and I will see what is up for you

soulsea
12-27-12, 12:01 AM
What the ... how did I end up as the author of this thread with my post above the one with the original question? http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwslN5D8Dq82xf1DlIfJpb4nSPHq1aN 3wi4cPtBe6wAeHBTNDVvnumnhY

the cadillac man
12-27-12, 12:51 AM
What the ... how did I end up as the author of this thread with my post above the one with the original question?

I seen that something has gone screwy