: DRL LED Mod Problems

250motorsportz
12-17-12, 10:19 PM
Hey guys,

So I did the LED mod for my DRL's, I noticed this problem start to occur about a month after the install.

Driver side DRL LED turns completely off about 50% of the time. If I flick on my fog lamps, the driver side DRL will kick on but will sometimes turn off again.

Clearly the bulb isn't burnt out, I can't see this being a wiring (loose wire) problem. I was thinking something to do with the power/watts the DRL's get? I know LED's consume less power but I'm stumped here!

Anyone have this problem before? I'm waiting for my 6000K D1S bulbs to come in and I'm gonna swap out the DRL LEDs with a new set to see if the problem consists.

I also ran a jumper from the DRL fuse to my LED strip that I put behind my grill that luminates the upper and lower grill so now the DRL's run at night aswell sort of like parking lights.
**This was just done today and isn't what is causing my driver side DRL to turn off**

FBaby
12-28-12, 11:44 AM
I know my Jeep needed resistors wired in...Not sure if the CTS needs them as well!?

agreif
10-30-13, 12:31 PM
ever figure this one out?

Hammerhead100
10-30-13, 10:20 PM
No problems so far with mine. Don't think resistors are required.

JoeEXT
11-10-13, 10:51 PM
Hammerhead100....I wanted to do this mode but heard similar issue here with 1 of the drl's. What led are you running and how long have you had them? Thanks