: Pandora on CUE with iPhone 5/USB Problem

RockvilleXTS
12-17-12, 07:07 PM
I have a new XTS Platinum with CUE, and iPhone 5. I've connected the phone via USB. Pandora connects and works. But when I play Pandora stations, they play at a very fast rate (like listening to a bunch of mice singing/playing, amusing, but not quite the music experience intended). Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, is there some setting to remedy this problem (short of a trip to the dealership)? I'm betting I'm missing some obvious little thing somewhere. Thanks!

RockvilleXTS
12-20-12, 08:11 AM
Problem resolved. Or, rather, disappeared. :-) Pandora worked as expected now. No idea what changed. Whole CUE experience is very good!

RippyPartsDept
12-20-12, 11:13 AM
hmm that's weird ... must have been a pandora issue

i was going to suggest you change the pandora station
(maybe to one of the xmas channels at least that would have been funny to listen to)

reneeg
12-20-12, 11:24 AM
hmm that's weird ... must have been a pandora issue

i was going to suggest you change the pandora station
(maybe to one of the xmas channels at least that would have been funny to listen to)

I hear ur the expert. So I have a question on different subject. I'm fixing to change headlight bulbs on 05 sts not hid. In ur opinion, which bulbs are best? I'm looking at sylvania superstar but not sure which one. I read ultras don't last long. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanx.

RippyPartsDept
12-20-12, 12:09 PM
we pretty much only sell the ACDelco/GM bulb (which is whatever bulb delco is contracting at the time)

other forum members seem to like those sylvania silver star bulbs or the PIAA intense whites

really i think it doesn't matter as long as it's not a super cheap bulb that's going to burn out in a shorter period of time
(often the more expensive and brighter bulbs like the ones mentioned above will burn out quicker than other regular bulbs... think of it like a bright flame burning out quick)

reneeg
12-20-12, 12:16 PM
we pretty much only sell the ACDelco/GM bulb (which is whatever bulb delco is contracting at the time)

other forum members seem to like those sylvania silver star bulbs or the PIAA intense whites

really i think it doesn't matter as long as it's not a super cheap bulb that's going to burn out in a shorter period of time
(often the more expensive and brighter bulbs like the ones mentioned above will burn out quicker than other regular bulbs... think of it like a bright flame burning out quick)

Thanx for the advice and the reply back so soon!!

RockvilleXTS
12-23-12, 03:35 PM
Well, the singing mice came back (Pandora playing at an oddly fast rate). I tried my iPhone 4 (older USB connector), no problem. Pandora played at appropriate speeds. Tried iPhone 5 with old connector + new adapter, and the mice returned (fast play). Back to iPhone 4, no problem. Then got the bright idea of force quitting Pandora on iPhone 5. Bingo! Pandora playing perfectly after a restart of the app. Then swapped connector cords (back to the new iPhone 5 cord/USB connector). Again, all is well. So apparently a force quit of Pandora and restart of the app on the phone does the trick. Just in case anyone has a similar issue. (Chris, I tried Xmas music with the mice effect, and it was hilarious!!!)

RippyPartsDept
12-24-12, 09:06 AM
Haha nice. I guess this is an iPhone5 specific bug then.

BreakThrough
12-24-12, 08:11 PM
Got my iPhone 5 today and paired it with pandora in the xts. Wow, seamless and great sound. My first I-phone. I have had an iPad since they came out.

Marc NY
12-25-12, 10:55 AM
Pandora works great with my iPhone 5 in my SRX!