: Anybody see any UFOs ?

orconn
12-17-12, 03:03 PM
Back when I was a little kid my Dad and I were sitting out on the patio in back of the house in Pasadena. Night had already fallen and it was pitch black that night. Our house was situated so that you looked up at a ridge about a half mile away so that it gave you view a bit perspective on the night sky.

As we were looking at the stars, something came into view that looked like another star except that it moved very fast from point "A" to point "B" in the sky. Much faster than a plane could move in the early 1950's. Today we might think it was a satellite, but it would be 9 years until Sputnik would go into space. My Dad didn't know what it was, he had been an expert on radar during WWII and said it moved much two fast for anything he knew about. Of course it could have been some kind of experimental aircraft from Edwards AFB being tested (we used to get a lot of "experimental" aircraft flying over Pasadena in those early post war days.

Have you ever seen anything you thought was an UFO!

truckinman
12-17-12, 03:17 PM
Well once when I was a senior in HS, my buddy n I were at my folks out in the country and it was midnight. All of a sudden 3 state police cars go hauling ass by. Keep in mind, we see like 1 cop go by there a year. Then 3 sheriff dep cars. Then a couple locals. We go outside and see 4 helicopters in one section of the sky. And not far from them, a boomerang shape of 5 lights. Perfect boomerang shape.

Then we look straight above us, and see a craft the size of or bigger than a 747 but it was so low it looked like we could throw rocks at it. It moved very slowly. And we didn't hear a THING. Very very Erie. I still have trouble believing my own story. I very rarely bring it up ever. Very strange night for sure

Submariner409
12-17-12, 03:33 PM
Heck, yes !!! Seen and dodged quite a few UFO's, particularly at about 2 A.M. when leaving the Sea Pig bar on Reynolds Avenue outside Charleston Naval Base.

vincentm
12-17-12, 04:19 PM
I dont dispute the probability of life elsewhere in the universe, i do doubt that little green men visit Earth..

Kad4Life
12-17-12, 06:24 PM
No UFO's but saw a drone fly over my house couple of weeks ago .
Waiting for the black helos to come for me .

The-Dullahan
12-18-12, 01:18 AM
Technically speaking, one does not "think" something is a UFO. It is one, because they failed to identify it.

While I do not necessarily believe Alien Lifeforms visit Earth (I mean, let's be realistic. If they had that kind of technology, they could not likely hold any interest in this planet) I do believe that experimental aircraft are often spotted.

Whilst driving through the ever-so-rural Locust Ridge Road the Poconos one particular evening, a brother of mine tells me his car was once engulfed in a very bright blue light. He looked up and saw an absolutely massive aircraft travel straight over him, with many parts on the bottom emitting this light. It very quickly passed and faded from view into the horizon. What he says amazed him the most was that this massive, low-flying and very fast vehicle made no noise.

truckinman
12-18-12, 02:41 AM
Technically speaking, one does not "think" something is a UFO. It is one, because they failed to identify it.

While I do not necessarily believe Alien Lifeforms visit Earth (I mean, let's be realistic. If they had that kind of technology, they could not likely hold any interest in this planet) I do believe that experimental aircraft are often spotted.

Whilst driving through the ever-so-rural Locust Ridge Road the Poconos one particular evening, a brother of mine tells me his car was once engulfed in a very bright blue light. He looked up and saw an absolutely massive aircraft travel straight over him, with many parts on the bottom emitting this light. It very quickly passed and faded from view into the horizon. What he says amazed him the most was that this massive, low-flying and very fast vehicle made no noise.

What he saw is JUST like what my buddy n I saw. A MASSIVE ship that literally was as silent as the night sky it flew in, yet looked so close, it looked like it was going to scrape the tree tops.

The-Dullahan
12-18-12, 05:11 AM
it looked like it was going to scrape the tree tops.

Exactly what he described to me, actually.

truckinman
12-18-12, 06:46 AM
Exactly what he described to me, actually.

Like I said before, I have trouble believing my own story. It was just so surreal. But at the same time, it's one if the most described type of sighting you ever hear of.

Im even interested in "ghostly" activities as well. But I can't say I 100% believe either even tho I've had a few of my own experiences. And my step dad, who is the most honest and sincere man youll ever meet, use to work alone in a huge power plant as a dispatcher and would have extremely unexplainable things happen to him at night. I almost need to be bitch slapped by the paranormal before I'm over the fence about it. That's why I like the show ghost hunters over any other "real" ghost show. They look for everything possible to disprove a haunting before they themselves admit their could actually be a so called ghost there

I know that's sort of off topic. Lol. Just an elaborate way to explain why I have trouble believing my own story about the UFO I saw.

talismandave
12-18-12, 07:13 PM
I know ESP is not related to UFO's.....but I am having a vision.....it looks like a lock......and a post....it is getting clearer....

Ahh...it is this thread getting locked when it inevitably veers into someone's story of be probed.:histeric:

iwannaracecar
12-18-12, 07:44 PM
I was out in stephenville one day a out 5 years ago with a buddy that went to college out there. We were cleaning up outside and hear planes ( kinda uncommon out there) we look up and see two f/a 18 jets( or something like those) chasing a small object. Took maybe 20 seconds for them to be gone but the news reported they were chasing a UFO.

The-Dullahan
12-18-12, 08:21 PM
Ahh...it is this thread getting locked when it inevitably veers into someone's story of be probed.:histeric:

Something you'd like to share, Dave?

talismandave
12-19-12, 01:56 AM
:canttalk:

ThumperPup
12-23-12, 10:50 AM
Yeah sure i saw one it was last summer it picked me up and returned me home after probing my brain
they figured nothing they could have learned from me
and then decided i had to much fat to be able to eat so they send me home

LMAO

oh and i saw another one when i was a kid and watched
the movie E.T
and then there was the movie Paul a few years back
oh what els was there um i think i saw one in M.I.B