: Just felt the need to share this Redneckery.

The-Dullahan
12-17-12, 01:07 AM
So, a friend left me this on The Face Books, because she knows how I feel about Rednecks. The video itself was actually rather hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4g7BquZM-c

77CDV
12-17-12, 01:10 AM
Well, that was rather embarrassing for the Chevy owner! :hide:

The-Dullahan
12-17-12, 01:46 AM
Particularly embarrassing, because it was a Dodge...a bloody DODGE :bigroll: . Still though, if I hypothetically owned a Pickup and I were hypothetically a Redneck that would engage such an activity...I would probably have done the same. Can't say I have never used one of my vehicles to move/drag something, including other vehicles. Just shared a recent story about that with Josiah actually.

----------

Come to think of it, I know a redneck who has a Dodge truck like that...Hmmm...

truckinman
12-17-12, 02:46 AM
Lmao! That was AWESOME!!!

I am a redneck at times (kinda hard not to be if you're a trucker) and that was just plain hilarious how that dodge pulled the chevy over the grassy embankment, around the garage, and back. Talk about worlds worst figurative bitch slap!

I have sone this with my jeeps against other friends jeeps. But always in a muddy field so breaking axles and drive shafts were a much less of a concern

I've gotta video on YouTube if you search "cherokee Vs Sami" and should pop up the first video. My username on there is 4wheelingwook. But it's a tug o war between my buddy and I in his field. Lol. I win in the jeep of course. Lol

dkozloski
12-17-12, 04:05 AM
We used to do stuff like that all the time; Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge 4x4s; until somebody showed up with an Oshkosh 4X4 truck and he could tow all the rest backwards at the same time.

truckinman
12-17-12, 04:29 AM
We used to do stuff like that all the time; Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge 4x4s; until somebody showed up with an Oshkosh 4X4 truck and he could tow all the rest backwards at the same time.

At one of my buddies bonfires, we started having an all out tug o war fest in his field. But then he decided to get out the king of 4x4 pickups. His 1952 dodge power wagon military spec. It was stinkin hilarious! These have a hand throttle much like an old tractor where you can increase engine idle, so when in gear, you can roll along faster in idle. Well he set it, and as he was pulling against his cousins jeep, he got OUT of the truck, casually walked up to the jeeps passenger door and climbed on! The whole time the dodge is STILL pulling the jeep with out anybody even in it! Talk about insult to injury. Lol

The-Dullahan
12-17-12, 04:54 AM
In hindsight, at a job I used to have I knew this Redneck guy with a big, lifted Bronco (Have a photo of it someplace) who once got stuck because he chose to go "Mudding" in a retention pond. Thankfully, I was able to rescue him with a Jeep (Funny, as even to date, I have never owned a Jeep)

Anyhow, I recall him once challenging this obnoxious spoiled rich kid's truck, which was a bare-bone-optionless-stock Chevy Tahoe (Spoiled kid with a cheap truck? His parents said he had to pay for his own car. Never mind they put him through school and put a roof over his head)

Naturally, Chevy-Kid would not compete. Aeons later, when back in touch with these idiots the kid with the Bronco took great interest in my Lincoln (he was a big Ford fan and realized I had a 460) and again, challenged the kid. This time he said he wanted a tug-of-war between the Lincoln and the Chevy. When Chevy-Kid declined, he said we could just tie the Bronco to the front of the Chevrolet, the Lincoln to the back and rip it in half. A tempting idea, indeed.

Also, I will agree that most Truckers are Rednecks, at least to some extent. However, some are maniacal Sicilians (Grandfather from me Mum's side) some are young, mischievous Russian girls (A friend of mine) and some are just Pikey-Irish kids temporarily living in The South, at least when they're not in Nevada.

Outside that, all the ones I have known (Dealt directly with/worked with them at every job I've had since leaving PA at age 15) have been your typical Good Old Southern Boys.

EDIT: Oh, and a Jamaican who always got lost. There was him too.

Submariner409
12-17-12, 10:15 AM
Red necks, White socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

truckinman
12-17-12, 10:22 AM
Red necks, White socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

I LOVE pbr! Lol.

cadillac kevin
12-17-12, 12:36 PM
I LOVE pbr! Lol.

Ewww...biggest waste of $2 ever.

Submariner409
12-17-12, 12:59 PM
You probably drink Stella Artois and look down your nose at the other barflies, too. :rolleyes:

truckinman
12-17-12, 01:23 PM
You probably drink Stella Artois and look down your nose at the other barflies, too. :rolleyes:

Hell I like stella too. Lol. Very few beers I don't like. Lol

cadillac kevin
12-17-12, 01:43 PM
Hell I like stella too. Lol. Very few beers I don't like. Lol

I like Stella. What time does she get off? ;)

I'm a dark beer man myself, preferably guiness. Schafly (local brewery) makes some damn good beer too.

Submariner409
12-17-12, 01:54 PM
Stella is the third string barmaid - the St.Pauli Girl is the one to wait for............. Brilliant !!

truckinman
12-17-12, 01:56 PM
I like Stella. What time does she get off? ;)

I'm a dark beer man myself, preferably guiness. Schafly (local brewery) makes some damn good beer too.

I like the great lake beer. The fitzgerold one especially. That's dark. Not like guineas, but dark

Submariner409
12-17-12, 02:02 PM
I like the great lake beer. The fitzgerold one especially. That's dark. Not like guineas, but dark

Departing from "redneckery", you remember a late fall Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh) brew - Old Frothingslosh - "So light, the foam stays on the bottom".

orconn
12-17-12, 03:06 PM
No need to share "redneckery" around Central Virginia, we've got so much of it we export all over the U.S. free of charge!

Ranger
12-17-12, 03:57 PM
Stella is the third string barmaid - the St.Pauli Girl is the one to wait for............. Brilliant !!
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/community-lounge-introductions-general-discussion/101296d1355767136-just-felt-need-share-redneckery-stpauli-girl.jpg
Never been a beer drinker, but I am beginning to see the light.

dkozloski
12-17-12, 06:29 PM
Departing from "redneckery", you remember a late fall Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh) brew - Old Frothingslosh - "So light, the foam stays on the bottom".Twas a hoax perpetrated by a radio DJ over 70 years ago.

Submariner409
12-17-12, 06:34 PM
Twas a hoax perpatrated by a DJ over 70 years ago.

Yep ^^^^. The stuff can still be bought in the fall around W. MD and central PA. I forget the brewery - Google it. (Pittsburgh Brewing)

dkozloski
12-17-12, 06:37 PM
Yep ^^^^. The stuff can still be bought in the fall around W. MD and central PA. I forget the brewery - Google it. (Pittsburgh Brewing)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=old%20frothingslosh&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&ved=0CFEQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.realbeer.com%2Fnews%2Farticle s%2Fnews-002425.php&ei=a57PUJmlA4r9iQKQnoCwDg&usg=AFQjCNFY09jDnwchQFrfT8jtVOFfLJIM5g&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.cGE

The-Dullahan
12-18-12, 01:12 AM
Every Pennsylvanian town has a Brewery. We had several in Stroudsburg, Scranton, Wilkes-Barre and all of the local towns down the mountain from my home. Then of course there is a rather famous one in Pottsville.

Kevin's on track though. Guinness is what's up, so far as beer goes. I tried Sting's Woodchuck Cider when a friend had someone when I took her out to lunch recently. It was actually good.

Of course, then there is "The Water Of Life", which is an absolute must in any private in-home bar. When properly paired, wine is always nice. Not a Champagne person...

And then there is Mead. I have to get to making some more Mead. Not very easy to come by in Florida-Land compared to Pennsylvania.

dkozloski
12-18-12, 03:47 PM
A friend who is rather proud of his home brewed beer sent a sample off to a lab for analysis and got back a report that his horse has diabetes.

cadillac kevin
12-18-12, 07:29 PM
A friend who is rather proud of his home brewed beer sent a sample off to a lab for analysis and got back a report that his horse has diabetes.

LOL koz

Submariner409
12-18-12, 07:36 PM
"Redneckery" - We just finished putting up the holiday decorations.............

orconn
12-18-12, 07:50 PM

Gee whiz, Koz .... that old joke is even older than you are!

The-Dullahan
12-18-12, 08:20 PM
I've never actually had any home-brewed beer.

Hmmm...

77CDV
12-18-12, 11:08 PM
I've never actually had any home-brewed beer.

Hmmm...

:shocked:

The-Dullahan
12-19-12, 12:09 AM
My thoughts exactly. Not because it is a bad idea, but because Home-Brew kits for beer are common and I feel most people who "home brew" with these kits (the outcome of which is most likely subpar anyhow) are not familiar with them and end up making something rather unsavory. I've many friends who make their own wine, even some with their own small vineyards. There is a difference between undergoing something for the first time with little-to-no knowledge of it and having a lifetime of experience. The proof is in the results.

On that note though, I really have to get to making some more mead.

EChas3
12-23-12, 08:37 PM
I have a few friends that compete in club & regional DIY brewing competitions. Only one really finishes well consistently. His brew is always very tasty.

If the economy hadn't gone south in 2008, he would now be a brew master at a college-town brewpub. The financing fell through, so he remains just an accomplished amateur.