: Please Help With Problem On My Deville

32cls
12-24-04, 12:13 AM
have a 96' deville with 104K recently purchased. just today drove it on a 2hr. highway trip no problems. get home, sits for couple mins. then i start driving again and service engine light comes on. i got 2 codes, pc1645> evap emission solenoid outpt circuit,, what does this mean? and pz2471????

then along with that, i got "service electrical system" is pc1645 associated with this message? i reset the battery to clear the codes and after a few minutes of driving, it comes back on. also, i noticed after this and 10 more mins of driving, when in D, i accelerate the car justs revs and does not move, so i had to put it in 3rd gear and it drove fine. felt like slipping tranny. and i checked the tranny fluid and it was reading hot on the dip stick... so, is it possible when the fluid expands causing the tranny to slip and not accelerate on just rev???

please help with any input to this, i have already searched but have not rreally found anything that helps me.

thanks

unruley247
12-24-04, 10:14 AM
The code u have 1645 is a quick fix you can go to any jparts store and replace the evap it is located on the driver side of the motor under the pretty n* cover It is square with vac line connected to it and it slides right off as for the trans problem it is proably done had the same problem at 153000 miles the band was worn out on it. oh the evap is only 24 bucks and it will b referred to as the evap canister. :thumbsup:

32cls
12-24-04, 10:40 AM
thanks, any other help would be greatly appreciated

32cls
12-24-04, 07:53 PM
is the "service electrical system" have anything to do with the pc1645 code?

unruley247
12-27-04, 10:28 AM
The service electrical system is being caused by p1645

32cls
12-28-04, 01:31 PM
thanks alot.

result> got a new evap purge valve and it fixed the problem, no check engine light, no "service electrical system".

everything good so far.

thanks