: Got a newer model!

LauraT
12-15-12, 01:24 PM
Hi ALL:

I recently sold my 2009cts4 and purchased a 2011 cts performance coupe. I absolutely love it ...an older gentleman owned it and garaged it ...not a scratch or ding on it...however after a month of driving on busy roads I got my first chip. A rock "skipped" up my hood so I have a small scratch with two chip marks following. I can't compound it out... is there something I can do before I go to the body shop??

ArmyJoe
12-16-12, 08:37 AM
What I have done with a chips is:

-Buy the correct touch up paint at the parts department at my cadillac dealer. Have your vin ready. My parts guy asks for it to ensure that he is selling the coorect paint for the car

- Take it to my Cadilalc body shop and have them apply the touch up paint in conjunction with a exterior detail job. The result is a perfect match and I have a hard time identifying the ding or scratch. I don't recomend that you do it your self.

----------

-Buy the correct touch up paint at the parts department at my cadillac dealer. Have your vin ready. My parts guy asks for it to ensure that he is selling the coorect paint for the car

- Take it to my Cadilalc body shop and have them apply the touch up paint in conjunction with a exterior detail job. The result is a perfect match and I have a hard time identifying the ding or scratch. I don't recomend that you do it your self.

LauraT
12-16-12, 02:32 PM
Thanks! I am going to do exactly that. I appreciate your help.

Jagillac
12-16-12, 07:33 PM

----------

If you don't mind me asking what did the dealer charge you to do that?

LauraT
12-16-12, 09:26 PM
yes....any idea what the dealer charges?