: Odd curb view mirror issue.

Sidewayz6.0
12-14-12, 10:46 PM
The other day, my passenger side mirror stopped tilting down when I put the car in reverse. Yesterday, I put the car in reverse, and the drivers side tilted down. This has never happened before. Now, neither mirror moves when I put it in reverse, and I can't for the life of me find the setting for a "curb view mirror." Anyone have any ideas here? Or seen where the setting is? It's got me scratching my head. This is my 3rd STS, and this is the first one that the mirror moved in reverse on.

1BadCadSTS
12-14-12, 10:53 PM
Read the manual. Whatever position the selector is in to adjust your mirror is which mirror tilts. If its in the middle neither will.

truckinman
12-14-12, 11:05 PM
Yep I'd say you've just bumped your selector switch on the door for your mirror

Sidewayz6.0
12-14-12, 11:12 PM
I didn't get a manual with the car. :(

But that makes sense. I didn't know that how it worked. I did change the mirror the other day when I reprogrammed the key fobs. Out of habit, I put it back in the middle.

Thanks for the help guys!

DarkMingBlueSTS
12-14-12, 11:44 PM
You can disable that feature if you want to in the driver settings and i think thats where you set the amount of tilt when in reverse if its enabled...I have it disabled in mine, I'm not a fan of that feature at all

----------

But I think for it to operate correctly the switch needs to be in the middle after you set the tilts in the driver settings menu

curtc
12-15-12, 12:04 AM
That freaked me out the first time it happened too...figured it out in about 10 seconds though :) I think it's a nice feature to be able to choose which one goes down...was locked down to the just the passenger side in my CTS and 01 Seville.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-17-12, 02:15 PM
I didn't get a manual with the car. :(
But that makes sense. I didn't know that how it worked. I did change the mirror the other day when I reprogrammed the key fobs. Out of habit, I put it back in the middle.
Thanks for the help guys!

I'm glad you found the forum feedback to be helpful, Sidewayz! I'm not sure if you've tried this route, but you can download your owners manual from Cadillac Owner Center: https://my.cadillac.com. (You can manage your service records, check for recalls, etc., as well using Cadillac Owner Center.) If you would like any further assistance, please don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with the last eight of your VIN.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service