: No Fob

maiahsdad
12-14-12, 07:03 PM
I have replaced the battery in my key fob twice now. About every other time I go to my car, I can't pull the handle and get in. It's not recognizing the fob for some reason. And, I'm either standing at the car, or I'm sitting in the car. When I arrive at a destination, it says the same thing. Are there any tricks to try and cure this?

1BadCadSTS
12-14-12, 07:11 PM
Is it in tr same pocket as your phone?

maiahsdad
12-14-12, 07:13 PM
Is it in tr same pocket as your phone?

Yep. Sometimes. But when I stop the car, it says "no fobs detected". It's not an every time occurrence. And the fob is not in my pocket with my phone every time.

dannyquest
12-14-12, 08:28 PM
maiahsdad, My 06 STS with nav, Reprogram all you setting in your nav just by turning off and back on. Worked for me. That was about 8 month.

maiahsdad
12-14-12, 08:51 PM
maiahsdad, My 06 STS with nav, Reprogram all you setting in your nav just by turning off and back on. Worked for me. That was about 8 month.

What exactly am I turning off, and then back on? And how?

dannyquest
12-14-12, 11:42 PM
maiahsdad, On you nav screen, turn off and on all your personal setting, seat, door lock , steering. Some time your computer will loses it mind. Its like a reboot. Pulling the battery cable will not work.Danny

EChas3
12-15-12, 07:40 PM
^^^ This doesn't match with my experience.

For system reset procedure, the disconnected battery cables should be briefly touched together. For me, that's worked better than pulling the Nav/Radio fuse. It resets all the car's systems, including the transmission control module (i.e. relearns optimum shift points for the style of driving style.)

dannyquest
12-16-12, 12:35 AM
Echase3, I didn't pull the fuse. Just went on the nav screen and toggled all the setting. At the time I didn't know there was system reset procedure. Thanks for the info. Danny

dkozloski
12-16-12, 01:34 PM
It sounds like RFI to me. Turn your phone off the hext time it happens and see if it makes a difference. Put the fob in the pocket in the console and see is it's recognized there. Let us know the results.

maiahsdad
12-16-12, 07:35 PM
It sounds like RFI to me. Turn your phone off the hext time it happens and see if it makes a difference. Put the fob in the pocket in the console and see is it's recognized there. Let us know the results.

When ever the problem has occurred, I've always been able to physically use the key fobs to unlock the doors, and then I have to put the fob in the console bypass pocket to make the car start. It is always started that way.

jdelp
12-17-12, 09:04 AM
Not sure if this will be any help whatsoever to your issue, but I've had a couple of instances where I would get the "no fob detected." Even putting the fob in the console pocket did nothing. In both cases I jumped the battery and it rectified the issue...this seems to happen after I have had the engine off, but acc. on listening to the radio - seems to run the battery down VERY quickly.

dkozloski
12-17-12, 09:57 AM
Does it do it with both fobs?

EChas3
12-17-12, 07:55 PM
These cars demand high quality batteries in excellent condition. Anything less will disappoint.