: 82 Eldo Updating Sensors and Wiring

edhhjr
12-13-12, 09:46 PM
Hi all. Due to some hungry mice/rats and age, the wiring connectors for the water and air temp sensors need to be replaced. Since finding the correct pin connector (pt770) is near impossible, has anyone updated the sensors to the newer style 1985 and up? I know the resistance is lower for the newer style and has a narrower range. Will they work? And can anyone ID this connector on the right side of the tbi, see pic. 3 way, 2 black wires 2 shared blue. Thanks all

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz247/wallaceandladmo/DSCN0536.jpg

carnut
12-14-12, 11:34 PM
My car has the newer style sensors with the sort harness provided with them. Its an 84 and works fine. The updated sensors and harness pigtail where recommended by GM as the proper repair. The old style sensor was phased out. The harness would fall apart over time regardless of rodent problems. Simply swap the sensors and solder the short harness to your car's harness then seal with shrink tubing. The other harness was an assembly test connector and has no use.

edhhjr
12-14-12, 11:52 PM
Thank you very much carnut. Do you know how the new sensors are wired to the old wires? What color goes with what. Ed

carnut
12-15-12, 03:38 AM
If I recall they're the same colors.