: The Toyota That Just Won't Die!!!

onbagz2002
12-23-04, 02:33 PM
This truck is unstopable i would to see a caddy do something like ''THIS'' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/downloads/hilux_broadband.ram)

ben72227
12-23-04, 03:16 PM
Toyotas and Hondas both are like that. THey JUST WON'T DIE! My dad has an Accord with nearly 200,000 miles on it and it runs fine (and hes never had to make any major repairs on it).

I couldn't believe in that video where they dumped it into the English channel overnight and then it started the next day :rolleyes: with all of that sand and saltwater. Then they dropped the mobile home on it. Then they hit it with a wrecking ball. Then they lit it ON FIRE! And finally they put on top of the 200+ feet high apartments that were about to be demolished! And after the apartments imploded IT STILL RAN!!!

Looks like I'm getting a Tacoma for my next vehicle :histeric:

Night Wolf
12-23-04, 03:21 PM
for some reason, I have the urge for that '80's Toyota pickup to knock around in... again :)

RBraczyk
12-23-04, 03:40 PM
something tells me my truck could do that if it were younger

Stoneage_Caddy
12-23-04, 05:29 PM
Yup the 80s yota pickups are hard to kill ....

My best bud and i went into fairbanks one day and found this old girl on a car lot . Bone stock with 185,000 miles on it . 22re 4cyl ,5 speed, 4wd. Now we could have left it alone but on went the huge tires , 6 inches of lift .

Keep in mind it has 185 k on the stock clutch(and everything) . We took it 4 wheeling in alaska's harhest weather (winter) never letting up , wound it out to redline all the time . With locking diffs the only way to get up some places was with sheer momentum . We knocked down trees to make trails and to get othert trucks unstuck. Drove the mud up to the doorsills . Slid down icely trail edges ...Basicly anything 4 wheeling can dish out. I moved away and have seent he truck since. Last time i talked to him about a month ago it still had the riginal clutch and everything . He did tho upgrade the diffs and and gear ratios and revapled the springs to get it to finaly flex worth a damn (stock skyjacker sucked)....the truck was simplay amazing....

RB , i like you truck and all but it is no where near as tough as this old solid axel 4runner
http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/data/1/959Kory_Rock_Flex-med.jpg

Night Wolf
12-23-04, 07:57 PM
I think on that little clip, they should have baja'ed it before they ruined it.. that would have been cool....

.. the problem with those trucks... they rust out so bad, especially up here in NY....

etcCanuck
12-23-04, 08:02 PM
There are quite a few of those old toyota trucks, too bad that most reek of burning oil, great for the environment!!! :rolleyes:

RBraczyk
12-23-04, 08:03 PM
I would love to have one, but it would look like shit in my driveway.

Elvis
12-23-04, 11:08 PM
I'm one of those strange people who believes that a car has a soul. Much like a horse. It's just plain cruel to do what they did to that Toyota. I couldn't.

evilrussian
12-23-04, 11:45 PM
I respect jap motors for their quality. I've changed head gaskets on a 4runner v6 one time (don't laugh, the guy overheated it several times) Anyways, after 135k on the clock, there were still crosshatchings on cylinder walls! I know if you maintain toyota, honda motors, they'll run for a very long time. 300k+ is easily acheivable with regular maintenace. I'm planning to push my acura over 200k, at least.

majax
12-24-04, 03:04 AM
I do not thik Toyota is the same anymore. that is a fantastic car, our honda I think could do that, lol. It's all about the "simplistic engineering"

RBraczyk
12-24-04, 08:06 AM
Its all about keeping that damn motor sealed up.

majax
12-24-04, 01:59 PM
I am surprised the fire did not screw up the electricle system.

Night Wolf
12-24-04, 03:31 PM
I am surprised the fire did not screw up the electricle system.

eh, that is why there is a fire wall.... and I bet they ended up putting it out...

... if you notice, the guy was cranking the starter manually in the engine bay also...

Stoneage_Caddy
12-24-04, 03:39 PM
also remeber it was diesel , no computer in that one . All you need to run is the starter and 12v to arm the injection pump ...if it was a 22re (efi gas 4cyl) it probabaly wouldnt have been able to go thru all of that .

majax
12-24-04, 05:37 PM
Well that just shows how tough a diesle can be, lol. Yeah I noticed what he did with the starter.