: Broke the glass on the "C" pillar window panel where the side view mirror is mounted.

RedAllante92
12-13-12, 12:44 PM
As the title suggest, the window panel glass between the driver's side window and windshield has shattered (assuming that something or someone bumped into the side view mirror). I need to try and find the entire panel with rubber frame included (not just the glass), any suggestions on where I should start looking? I'm afraid that this may happen fairly often and this will be a hard piece to find. I noticed that the 93s have a different (arguably better) design. Any help or tips appreciated.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/ItsaHonda/Allantebrokenglass.jpg

carnut
12-14-12, 10:50 AM
Try www.allantesource.com That's the A pillar fixed vent glass.

RedAllante92
12-14-12, 12:45 PM
Yeah, don't know why I said "C", I did mean "A" pillar... I had a brain fart. Thanks for the link!

MoistCabbage
12-15-12, 09:01 AM
This may be a stupid question, but you don't have glass coverage?

RedAllante92
12-15-12, 10:04 AM
I do, but the glass company couldn't find the part and didn't know where to look... so we agreed for me to find one and they would pay for it. I did find one yesterday and they bought it. It's being shipped to the house, when it gets here they'll come out and install it. That window panel isn't cheap, almost $300! By Florida law, the insurance companies have to fully cover glass. I've usually dealt with Safelite in the past and have never had to find my own glass, but then I've never had an Allante.

flacko93
12-17-12, 08:47 AM
As the title suggest, the window panel glass between the driver's side window and windshield has shattered (assuming that something or someone bumped into the side view mirror). I need to try and find the entire panel with rubber frame included (not just the glass), any suggestions on where I should start looking? I'm afraid that this may happen fairly often and this will be a hard piece to find. I noticed that the 93s have a different (arguably better) design. Any help or tips appreciated.

I have this piece of glass and rubber. $100 plus shipping. Call me at 765-532-5759. Thanks Scott.

MoistCabbage
12-19-12, 10:59 AM
I do, but the glass company couldn't find the part and didn't know where to look... so we agreed for me to find one and they would pay for it. I did find one yesterday and they bought it. It's being shipped to the house, when it gets here they'll come out and install it. That window panel isn't cheap, almost $300! By Florida law, the insurance companies have to fully cover glass. I've usually dealt with Safelite in the past and have never had to find my own glass, but then I've never had an Allante.

Ah, I see. To save yourself some searching in the future, if you run into a similar situation, take the car to a dealer or good body shop for the replacement. They'd either know where to source the glass, or at very least, know more sources. And this goes for more than just glass.

RedAllante92
01-08-13, 09:22 PM
Scott, I may take you up on your offer if I don't receive the glass soon... it STILL has not arrived and the glass co. hasn't been returning my phone calls. MoistCabbage... I will definitely keep that in mind next time around. I dealt strictly with the insurance co. and the glass co. ( SunState glass co., who supposedly had already contacted the dealer to no avail). I guess having to find my own glass replacement should have been a red flag. I'll keep trying to call and give it to the end of the week. I removed all of the loose glass so I could still drive the car and I don't drive it in the rain... so there is no real rush, but this has still taken too long.

RedAllante92
01-09-13, 08:41 PM
It's amazing how fast things get done when you get in touch with the right people... The Allante was fixed as of noon today. The young guy that came out to fix it was quite intrigued by the Allante. He had never seen one before... he took a few pics of it with his cell phone and wanted to know all about it. He did a good job on the glass replacement, looks as good as factory new.

talismandave
01-11-13, 11:39 PM
Beauty!:thumbsup: