: Horn honking 3 times. Is this not a software fix that is needed????

woodytwo
12-13-12, 12:29 PM
Situation is this. I stop for gas with my wife in the passenger seat. Yes we both have fobs. I get out and the horn does it 3 beeps thing which is most embarrassing. Yes it knows that there is a fob in the SRX but it also knows that someone is in the passenger seat. (There are sensors for this built in) So why can't the program be modified that when this occurs to not honk 3 times???? And when there is a fob in the car and someone in the seat to not lock at all????
No one in the SRX and a fob is in the SRX, then it is OK to honk 3 times?????

Seems like a fix to the software could remedy these problems.

300:29:1
12-13-12, 04:27 PM
I have found that if I close the tailgate and then sit in the driver's seat, the horn will give 3 honks if the driver's door is closed before the tailgate is fully latched. I don't think about waiting to close the driver's door until the tailgate finishes doing it's thing, and shouldn't have to. I believe you can simply disable the 3 honks though. This is designed to alert you to a remote being left in the vehicle.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-13-12, 05:21 PM
Woodytwo, I'm very sorry this experience has left you frustrated with the honking. I will be sure to document your feedback in a place where the appropriate GM teams can access it, and if you would like me to research this concern further for you don't hesitate to contact me! I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and including the last eight of your VIN in your message would be very helpful.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Marc NY
12-13-12, 07:24 PM
It is really great to see that Katie, the Cadillac Customer Service person was here to try and offer some assistance. :thumbsup:

daddie2k3
12-13-12, 10:59 PM
If you feel like you don't need this reminder period, you can disable it completely in car settings...

woodytwo
12-14-12, 02:58 PM
Woodytwo, I'm very sorry this experience has left you frustrated with the honking. I will be sure to document your feedback in a place where the appropriate GM teams can access it, and if you would like me to research this concern further for you don't hesitate to contact me! I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and including the last eight of your VIN in your message would be very helpful.

Best,

Katie

Katie, you are an angel! Thanks for your help.
woodytwo

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-14-12, 04:55 PM
Katie, you are an angel! Thanks for your help.
woodytwo

Glad to be of assistance, Woodytwo! I'm headed out of the office soon for the weekend, but I will be sure to check my emails and continue investigating when I return Monday morning (12/17).

Katie

carbeck
12-15-12, 09:14 PM
When you get out to pump gas and someone else is remaining in the car with a fob, put the SRX into accessory mode by pushing the start button twice instead of just once. Then it won't do the triple honk. The only downside is that it will chime whenever a door is open, but it's a small price to pay.

You can also shut off the triple honk in the config menu, if you wish.

12-16-12, 09:37 AM
I just disabled mine. Too many false alarms for me.

12-18-12, 10:09 AM
I just disabled mine. Too many false alarms for me.

I am still hearing it after deselecting it in the config menu. UGH!

daddie2k3
12-18-12, 11:43 AM

That's weird...I say double check to see if deselected after turning off vehicle and starting again...I personally never deselected it before because I always want to be reminded but make sure we are talking about the same thing...you are deselecting "remote left in vehicle reminder" correct?

----------

That's weird...I say double check to see if deselected after turning off vehicle and starting again...I personally never deselected it before because I always want to be reminded but make sure we are talking about the same thing...you are deselecting "remote left in vehicle reminder" correct?

12-18-12, 05:18 PM

----------

I verified that this option was deselected. I'll see if it happens again. I don't really need this reminder, and could do without the "false alarms".

RippyPartsDept
12-18-12, 06:41 PM
it's not really a false alarm... it is alerting you that the remote is in the vehicle

if it is honking and the remote is not in the vehicle then that would be a false alarm

12-18-12, 09:33 PM
it's not really a false alarm... it is alerting you that the remote is in the vehicle

if it is honking and the remote is not in the vehicle then that would be a false alarm

If I'm in the vehicle, and the thing is going off, and it's just me ad the 1 remote, it's a false alarm. I open the rear hatch, press the close button, open the driver's door and sit down. If I close the door before the hatch has fully latched, the alert goes off. This seems faulty to me.

daddie2k3
12-19-12, 12:29 AM
If I'm in the vehicle, and the thing is going off, and it's just me ad the 1 remote, it's a false alarm. I open the rear hatch, press the close button, open the driver's door and sit down. If I close the door before the hatch has fully latched, the alert goes off. This seems faulty to me.

I must say that I do agree this is NOT faulty because just remember the hatch is considered to be a 5th door and regardless of the order of which is closed first it WILL remind you that you left your key in car and which means your car is unlock for whoever to steal your car because we all know if you have a key left in a unlock car what can happen...
Lets paint a picture you pull up at the shopping mall and you have to return an item because of wrong size and you go to the hatch to get that item and while doing so your phone rings sitting in the center console so you close the hatch and you go back to driver door and reach over in car to get phone and drop the fob(rather it falls out hand, shirt pocket, etc) and you normally have passive lock on(which I do) so you don't have a need to press lock on fob because you know it will lock on its own...well it will honk 3 times for me and say "COME(honk 1) GET(honk 2) FOB(honk 3)" but with this disabled you won't get the honks and like I said earlier you have a very nice caddy waiting on anybody to sit down and place foot on brake and push engine start...

But I will consider you situation because I deal with them also but my secret is do know close the driver door completely and it will NOT remind you because it believes the you left the car so the next you have this situation and you want the door close...shut it 99% where you would normally give the hip bump to close the car from the outside...IT WORKS EVERYTIME FOR ME

HOPES THIS HELPS EVERYBODY!!

TheCaptain
12-19-12, 07:26 AM
Also note: if you have the key on you, get out of the vehicle and leave the drivers door open, then hop back in and close the door, the vehicle will honk. The vehicle is programmed with a simple order of events operation, and according to it, the key never left the car and you did. The car doesn't actually know when you are in the seat with the key aside from when it check upon ignition start and at certain intervals set after ignition start.
I noticed this right away, and any time i get out and back in again, i just close the driver door when i get out, and open it to get in again and it completes the order of events for it to not give a horn warning.

12-19-12, 10:07 AM
Also note: if you have the key on you, get out of the vehicle and leave the drivers door open, then hop back in and close the door, the vehicle will honk. The vehicle is programmed with a simple order of events operation, and according to it, the key never left the car and you did. The car doesn't actually know when you are in the seat with the key aside from when it check upon ignition start and at certain intervals set after ignition start.
I noticed this right away, and any time i get out and back in again, i just close the driver door when i get out, and open it to get in again and it completes the order of events for it to not give a horn warning.

Now THAT'S helpful! At least I can understand what"s happening and how to deal with it. I'm not someone who leaves/loses keys. I tend to be very consistent in how I do things. I may reelect the warning and know how to avoid unintentional alarms. Thanks Captain.

daddie2k3
12-19-12, 11:29 AM
Now THAT'S helpful! At least I can understand what"s happening and how to deal with it. I'm not someone who leaves/loses keys. I tend to be very consistent in how I do things. I may reelect the warning and know how to avoid unintentional alarms. Thanks Captain.

Im glad somebody could shine some light to help you out because that's all we are trying to do but I thought you would've tried leaving the vehicle on or in acc mode already...